Author Topic: Twitter's Elon Musk predicts Trump will win re-election in 'landslide victory' if arrested  (Read 4919 times)

Offline libertybele

@libertybele

I have my doubts about it too. At THIS time,staying out of the all the feces slinging that is going on and waiting another 4 years is the smart thing to do.

Howsumever,he IS a politician,and they seem to have a lot of trouble avoiding the bright lights and the tv cameras,so what is going to happen is anyone's guess.

If DeSantis does decide to run, he would best announce at the very last minute. He would have the advantage of avoiding a lot of mudslinging and Trump's b.s.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

@Right_in_Virginia

I disagree. He is nothing more,or less,than a clever politician trying to play all the angles at the same time.

@sneakypete

I know his history and his monetary puppetmasters.  Ron is bad news, IMO, I don't want him anywhere near the Oval Office.  But, I can --- and do --- wish him a long, happy life in Tallahassee  happy77

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete

I know his history and his monetary puppetmasters.  Ron is bad news, IMO, I don't want him anywhere near the Oval Office.  But, I can --- and do --- wish him a long, happy life in Tallahassee  happy77

@Right_in_Virginia

I don't have the first clue about any of that. PLEASE expand and educate us all in a stand-alone thread.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online LMAO

SURE. A founding member of the Conservative Freedom Caucus - That means TEA Party - And almost certainly a step in the right direction. And if it is, his voting record, along with his general record, will predict his actions.

And so far as I know, that record is  GOOD.

Not that it is here nor there... he ain't even declared.

Which is why Trump and his supporters are attempting to define him themselves. From their perspective, I understand the attempt. But it's still the voting record as the most concrete measure of his philosophy. Not "he's a one world government Anti Christ supported by Paul Ryan"

Not everything I'm fully on board with. But, based on his record, should he run, he would be the most conservative, especially from the fiscal end, candidate we had in a long time

For now, Trump is ahead in the polls amongst primary voters. But Desantis is in a good position for a non announced candidate. And, if history is any guide, that can change very easily
« Last Edit: March 19, 2023, 09:18:23 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Right_in_Virginia

@Right_in_Virginia

I don't have the first clue about any of that. PLEASE expand and educate us all in a stand-alone thread.

I have been @sneakypete   ---  And will resume after I pick up my flame retardant suit from the cleaners   :laugh:

Online cato potatoe

I know you are a "fan boy",but get a grip on yourself. You sound like an hysterial teenager at a Elvis concert in the 50's.

Ya know who you are?  The one on the right:

I have no idea which name I will check in the primary exactly ONE YEAR from now.  Who even wants to run?  The best people are not interested in politics, and most of the others are going to wait for the political climate to detoxify.  But to fall in line behind anyone at this stage is ridiculous. 
« Last Edit: March 20, 2023, 02:31:09 am by cato potatoe »

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
I'd be shocked to see anything more left-wing from DeSantis than this from Trump in 2015:

Scott Pelley: Universal health care?

Donald Trump: I am going to take care of everybody. I don't care if it costs me votes or not. Everybody's going to be taken care of much better than they're taken care of now.

Scott Pelley: The uninsured person is going to be taken care of how?

Donald Trump: They're going to be taken care of. I would make a deal with existing hospitals to take care of people. And, you know what, if this is probably--

Scott Pelley: Make a deal? Who pays for it?

Donald Trump: -- the government's gonna pay for it.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/donald-trump-60-minutes-scott-pelley/

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
If DeSantis does decide to run, he would best announce at the very last minute. He would have the advantage of avoiding a lot of mudslinging and Trump's b.s.

@libertybele

Yeah,causen Trump is the only one full of Bush,right?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online LMAO

I'd be shocked to see anything more left-wing from DeSantis than this from Trump in 2015:

Scott Pelley: Universal health care?

Donald Trump: I am going to take care of everybody. I don't care if it costs me votes or not. Everybody's going to be taken care of much better than they're taken care of now.

Scott Pelley: The uninsured person is going to be taken care of how?

Donald Trump: They're going to be taken care of. I would make a deal with existing hospitals to take care of people. And, you know what, if this is probably--

Scott Pelley: Make a deal? Who pays for it?

Donald Trump: -- the government's gonna pay for it.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/donald-trump-60-minutes-scott-pelley/

And that was said by him around the time people like Rand Paul, Desantis were voting to reduce spending and the size of government.

If he had the votes and it was passed by Congress, I have no doubt Trump would sign a single payer health plan and his supporters would justify it

Maybe he can claim it won't add to the debt and deficits because the "government is going to pay for it." *****rollingeyes*****
« Last Edit: March 20, 2023, 03:32:20 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

He's not a conservative.  He just isn't.  He's a populist, and maybe there are a lot of folks who would prefer a populist to a conservative, and that's obviously their prerogative.  But for those of us who are policy-based conservatives, he's just not that guy.

Offline roamer_1

He's not a conservative.  He just isn't.  He's a populist, and maybe there are a lot of folks who would prefer a populist to a conservative, and that's obviously their prerogative.  But for those of us who are policy-based conservatives, he's just not that guy.

That's right.

Online LMAO

I have been @sneakypete   ---  And will resume after I pick up my flame retardant suit from the cleaners   :laugh:

Yet, whenever you are ever confronted to back up your claims, I don’t think I’ve seen anyone run faster and further away than you

Well, actually, that may not always be true. What you mostly do is avoid answering any questions or deflect
« Last Edit: March 20, 2023, 06:06:36 am by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline art.prout

@sneakypete

We both do.  The peanut gallery may find out in a couple of years, and then be shocked and dismayed.

Offline art.prout

Yet, whenever you are ever confronted to back up your claims, I don’t think I’ve seen anyone run faster and further away than you

Well, actually, that may not always be true. What you mostly do is avoid answering any questions or deflect

You can lead a horse to water, but...

888mouth

Online LMAO

You can lead a horse to water, but...

888mouth

https://ballotpedia.org/Ron_DeSantis%27_congressional_history

This is what we’re going to look at when it comes to Ron DeSantis plus his record in Florida. Not what Donald Trump, or anybody else thinks of him. His record. And I think that’s what scares Trump and his supporters. They were hoping that those of us who consider ourselves traditional conservatives would have no choice, but to vote Donald Trump. But now, that there’s a danger of a choice, they’re lashing out irrationally and calling it campaigning…lol. And if the likes of Rand Paul got into the race, you would see a similar tantrum from Trump and Trumpers. It’s a battle between conservatives vs populist.

So, while Trump was writing checks out to Democrats and pimping universal healthcare and universal childcare, and then as president, had no issue adding another nearly$8 trillion to the debt, there were conservatives in Congress trying to control spending and those of us that easily predicted that all this money printing and excessive spending with a debt that was already out of control was going to lead to this inflation some day that we see today. And none of what I listed is my opinion. All factual. And add to the fact that as the current candidate he wants even more spending.  No entitlement reform whatsoever. No to slashing ethanol subsidies. And as the campaign goes on, he’s gonna promise more. Which means, like his first term, I would expect to see very little of his VETO pen

Strange you should have a picture of Calvin Coolidge in your avatar and back a second term for Trump.  Trump is no Calvin Coolidge.

If populism is your thing, then  so be it.  But there are those of us who are looking at the debt and the size of the federal government, and are looking for candidates with a record attempting to reign it in at least somewhat

We can debate wokeism, crime, and all very important issues. But ultimately, it’s going to be the debt  that’s gonna bring us to our knees.

I know, there goes those crazy conservatives worrying about the spending when we don’t realize we can just print all the money we need, right?

And Ron DeSantis could be just the latest craze right now. And it’s a possibility one day he could become president and let me down. But right now all I have is his record. And that record is more appealing to me than “ the government is going to pay for it.”

« Last Edit: March 20, 2023, 03:10:11 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline Kamaji

https://ballotpedia.org/Ron_DeSantis%27_congressional_history

This is what we’re going to look at when it comes to Ron DeSantis plus his record in Florida. Not what Donald Trump, or anybody else thinks of him. His record. And I think that’s what scares Trump and his supporters. They were hoping that those of us who consider ourselves traditional conservatives would have no choice, but to vote Donald Trump. But now, that there’s a danger of a choice, they’re lashing out irrationally and calling it campaigning…lol. And if the likes of Rand Paul got into the race, you would see a similar tantrum from Trump and Trumpers. It’s a battle between conservatives vs populist

So, while Trump was writing checks out to Democrats and pimping universal healthcare and universal childcare, and then as president, had no issue adding another nearly$8 trillion to the debt, there were conservatives in Congress trying to control spending and those of us that easily predicted that all this money printing and excessive spending with a debt that was already out of control was going to lead to this inflation some day that we see today. And none of what I listed is my opinion. All factual. And add to the fact that as the current candidate he wants even more spending.  No entitlement reform whatsoever. No to slashing ethanol subsidies. And as the campaign goes on, he’s gonna promise more. Which means, like his first term, I would expect to see very little of his VETO pen

Strange you should have a picture of Calvin Coolidge in your avatar and back a second term for Trump.  Trump is no Calvin Coolidge.

If populism is your thing, then  so be it.  But there are those of us who are looking at the debt and the size of the federal government, and are looking for candidates with a record attempting to reign it in at least somewhat

We can debate wokeism, crime, and all very important issues. But ultimately, it’s going to be the debt  that’s gonna bring us to our knees.

I know, there goes those crazy conservatives worrying about the spending when we don’t realize we can just print all the money we need, right?

And Ron DeSantis could be just the latest craze right now. And it’s a possibility one day he could become president and let me down. But right now all I have is his record. And that record is more appealing to me than “ the government is going to pay for it.”

:thumbsup:

Offline Idiot

:yowsa:

Online LMAO

Speaking of Calvin Coolidge, compare this…

I favor the policy of economy, not because I wish to save money, but because I wish to save people. The men and women of this country who toil are the ones who bear the cost of the Government. Every dollar that we carelessly waste means that their life will be so much the more meager. Every dollar that we prudently save means that their life will be so much the more abundant. Economy is idealism in its most practical form.

—President Calvin Coolidge, Inaugural Address, March 4, 1925

To this
Pelley: "Universal health care?"

Trump: "I am going to take care of everybody. I don't care if it costs me votes or not. Everybody's going to be taken care of much better than they're taken care of now."

Pelley: "The uninsured person is going to be taken care of how?"

Trump: "They're going to be taken care of. I would make a deal with existing hospitals to take care of people. And, you know what, if this is probably--"

Pelley: "Make a deal? Who pays for it?"

Trump: "--the government's gonna pay for it

Donald Trump Sept 27, 2015

Although they won’t admit it out loud, I think the reason many Trumper’s have contempt for fiscal conservatives is because they want to grow the government in their image. With tight fiscal and monetary policy, they can’t do that

« Last Edit: March 20, 2023, 02:44:39 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I’ve had a chance to research Ron Desantis record myself, and it’s fairly conservative while he was a member of Congress. Especially on the spending. And I think that’s what scares Trump and his supporters the most. What scares them as this time conservatives might have a real choice and not big spending populism.

And that’s ultimately what should be judge. His voting record. Not what Donald Trump and his supporters say about him

:yowsa: :amen:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

Why would he oppose it if Tumpy has already got a deal on the table to surrender? Because its the ethical and necessary thing to do if we're to stop this desecration of the rule of law.
Why in hell would you think he should dirty his hands? Especially for a guy who is out there talking smack about him every day?Because doing what's ethical is not based on liking someone, nor is it based on the whether or not the actions of the other person have hurt your feelings. Doing the right thing is a moral imperative and action is dictated by the injustice that is occurring...Desantis has the ability to fight an abuse of our legal system, and thus an obligation to do so.

Ethics aside, stepping in is a strategic imperative. If he wants to win in 2024, it IS required. From a strategic view, he cannot win without gaining substantial support from Trump supporters. Right now, he has a chance to do so...but this moment will pass quickly. If he does nothing NOW...he will never have another opportunity to regain that support. I'm not speaking hypothetically, though perhaps anecdotally, when I say Desantis cannot afford to do nothing in this situation. If that's his tactic, he loses 15-20% of GOP voters...including me. As a bonus, standing up can help him with Independents as well...who mostly understand what a witch hunt looks like.

@Mesaclone

In all honestly, I see no plausible scenario where a significant number of GOP voters don't refuse to vote for the eventual nominee.  There are just too many principled beliefs on both sides that are going to render too many GOP voters unwilling to vote for the nominee.

So we may just be rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic at this point.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

Speaking of Calvin Coolidge, compare this…

I favor the policy of economy, not because I wish to save money, but because I wish to save people. The men and women of this country who toil are the ones who bear the cost of the Government. Every dollar that we carelessly waste means that their life will be so much the more meager. Every dollar that we prudently save means that their life will be so much the more abundant. Economy is idealism in its most practical form.

—President Calvin Coolidge, Inaugural Address, March 4, 1925

To this
Pelley: "Universal health care?"

Trump: "I am going to take care of everybody. I don't care if it costs me votes or not. Everybody's going to be taken care of much better than they're taken care of now."

Pelley: "The uninsured person is going to be taken care of how?"

Trump: "They're going to be taken care of. I would make a deal with existing hospitals to take care of people. And, you know what, if this is probably--"

Pelley: "Make a deal? Who pays for it?"

Trump: "--the government's gonna pay for it

Donald Trump Sept 27, 2015

Although they won’t admit it out loud, I think the reason many Trumper’s have contempt for fiscal conservatives is because they want to grow the government in their image. With tight fiscal and monetary policy, they can’t do that

@LMAO

It's right at the intersection of where working-class populism and conservativism diverge. They diverge because the populists support government spending as long as they believe the working class are the primary beneficiaries.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical

:shrug:

Ok, but he could bring in people who are policy-based conservatives. Did he do that last time? Well, partially, but as we all know he made some really bad choices especially in terms of his DOJ and such.

Is it realistic to expect a staunch conservative to win in today's climate? If they can't win the primary how will they win in the general?

Offline roamer_1

@LMAO

And right along with your Fiscal/Coolidge commentary (which is brilliantly true in any case) comes a direct correlation to liberty, and the loss thereof, which cannot be denied... I bark at Tumpy because of fiscal concerns primarily because of his awful record, and his spending is entirely without defense - But without a doubt my basic Conservative views are founded in liberty more than any other thing.

And that liberty is profoundly linked to the size of government. There is NO SUCH THING as a big government Conservative, because in every aspect, big government denies Conservatism, and asserts control - EVEN the Tumpist's 'beneficial' populist, who left a bigger and grander government to the Democrats that came after him, in the use of that government to greatly curtail my liberty and take my treasure.

It is just that simple. NO big government is good government, and ANYONE considering themselves to be conservative  must admit it. Sooner or later, government will leave you broke and enslaved. It's what they do.

GREAT posting.  :beer: :seeya:
« Last Edit: March 20, 2023, 03:25:09 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline roamer_1

@Mesaclone

In all honestly, I see no plausible scenario where a significant number of GOP voters don't refuse to vote for the eventual nominee.  There are just too many principled beliefs on both sides that are going to render too many GOP voters unwilling to vote for the nominee.

So we may just be rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic at this point.

Populism is never principled. It is in fact, the destruction thereof. Always.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Populism is never principled. It is in fact, the destruction thereof. Always.

Well... define populism then. Seems to have different meanings to different people.