Author Topic: Twitter's Elon Musk predicts Trump will win re-election in 'landslide victory' if arrested  (Read 4855 times)

Online roamer_1

@LMAO

You wouldn't recognize a conservative candidate if one bit you on the ass.

Oh SURE he would. @LMAO is old skool. You needn't worry about him.

Offline LMAO

This is painfully comical to watch

We had a poster, not terribly long ago, who claimed that Ron DeSantis was whining ad nauseam  over Trump being mean to him. Something that only happened inside  the tight Trump bubble and not in the world everybody else lives in which we refer to  as reality.
And they cheered when his PAC filed a panicked “ethics”  complaint

But now they’re demanding Ron DeSantis and other Republicans wipe Donald Trump’s dirty butt for him

:mauslaff: :mauslaff: :laughingdog:
« Last Edit: March 19, 2023, 04:41:26 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Idiot

DeSanctus is busy talking and tweeting about how wonderful he was after hurricane Ian. He's got his marching orders.
*****rollingeyes*****

Offline libertybele

@libertybele

I will tell you what everyone can trust without question. IF DeSantis gets the presidential nomination,the DNC is going to be all OVER his ass,and he just doesn't have the stones to fight back BECAUSE he is a professional politician.

I don't believe that to be true. When he has been challenged by the left he has pushed back.

I still don't look for him to run against Trump, nor do I feel that he would want to subject himself and his family to the leftist mudslinging. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

I still don't look for him to run against Trump, nor do I feel that he would want to subject himself and his family to the leftist mudslinging.

I do agree with you on this especially with his wife being ill

And it isn’t just leftists. He probably doesn’t want to have Donald Trump publicly post a picture of his wife in a not so flattering condition for the entertainment of his base
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline Idiot

I don't believe that to be true. When he has been challenged by the left he has pushed back.

It warms my heart to have you back posting.  May God continue to heal you my friend!

Offline libertybele

DeSanctus is busy talking and tweeting about how wonderful he was after hurricane Ian. He's got his marching orders.

"DeSanctus"???? Really???  It sure seems that you certainly see DeSantis as a threat to Trump. For crying out loud, he hasn't even announced that he's running.  BTW he did do an excellent job after Ian. Just one example; he had paths created to Sanibel Island and Pine Island in less than a week, which was absolutely remarkable. Yes, we are still recovering, but Ian was a major hurricane and regardless of what the "news" states, Ian was a Cat. 5 - local reporting of sustained winds of 170 mph and gusts over 200 mph. It was catastrophic and DeSantis is still working on the recovery.  So, please don't make light of his accomplishments.  Marching orders??? 

@Right_in_Virginia  IMO Trump's time is over. He is aging for one and secondly, if he keeps up his shenanigans and acting like a 5th grade bully, he will lose. The left will continue to hound him until they make it so that he is unable to run. Also, who wants a repeat of the mockery that he made of the campaign and debates? And, I still take issue that he went lightly on his friend Hillary.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Which is why, IMO, if the GOP has any up and coming young stars, they need to sit out trying to get the 2024 nomination and let Trump just go on to lose the general election and try for 2028 or risk Trump's scorched Earth bomb throwing conspiracy filled primary campaign and ruin any future chances

I'd prefer they'd run.  Otherwise, the entire GOP will look like a bunch of Trumpers.  GOP voters deserve a choice.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

Was he in a rowboat when this happened:
https://news.bloombergtax.com/daily-tax-report/trumps-tax-cut-slashed-us-corporate-effective-tax-rate-to-9

Or this: https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/joe-biden/trump-installed-historic-number-judges-biden-outpacing-far-rcna48142
And yes...both of those things matter.

I agree - they mattered very much.  But they also expose Trump's worst quality.

The primary driver of the tax cut bill was the Speaker of the House.  His people did most of the drafting, and he rammed it through the House.

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/11/16/paul-ryan-win-tax-reform-bill-244974

But Trump needed the Senate to ram it through as well, and we all know who made that happen.  And in terms of the judges and justices, there was one guy responsive.for ramming them through, and also the guy who held the Senate firm to reject Garland.

But predictably, Trump now hates both of them and blasts them publicly whenever he can.  He was doing it to Ryan in 2018.  And he's managed to make enough personal enemies among Republicans in the Senate and House that I suspect he'll never be able to put together comparable coalitions again.

We also should have gotten the partial repeal of Obamacare, except for Trump's petty stupidity in deliberately alienating the equally petty Senator who had the deciding vote, and sank it as an "FU" to Trump.

Offline libertybele

I'd prefer they'd run.  Otherwise, the entire GOP will look like a bunch of Trumpers.  GOP voters deserve a choice.

Agreed.  We need a choice.  Trump this time will look like a complete fool if he tries to bully his way through. An ex-president resorting back to being a 5th grade bully, just isn't going to work this time around. It will only make him look desperate.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

DeSantis needs to refrain from commenting on the legal proceedings. 

As a former prosecutor himself, DeSantis certainly sees the wisdom in at least waiting until the charges are actually filed, and everyone can see what they actually are, before commenting.  We literally don't even know what the charges are.  Are they almost certainly politically-motivated and lame as hell?  Of course.  But waiting until specific charges are actually filed before commenting seems a no-brainer to me.

This rush to make absolutist comments about something that hasn't yet even happened is one of the worse characteristics of modern American politics.   Don't take the time to get the actual facts, conduct analysis, and speak with discipline.  Instead, reflexively offer dogmatic opinions immediately after reviewing Twitter-based rumors and fragments of information.

One of the things I like most about DeSantis is that he tends to think before he speaks.

« Last Edit: March 19, 2023, 02:57:19 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline cato potatoe

This is painfully comical to watch

Were DeSantis about to be arrested, their lizard-brained messiah would immediately throw him under the bus, and then back over him six or eight times.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

"DeSanctus"???? Really???  It sure seems that you certainly see DeSantis as a threat to Trump.

I see DeSanctus as a threat to this country @libertybele   He is a trojan horse for the globalist elites America First is committed to defeating.  He deserves neither my respect nor my vote.

Agreed.  We need a choice.  Trump this time will look like a complete fool if he tries to bully his way through. An ex-president resorting back to being a 5th grade bully, just isn't going to work this time around. It will only make him look desperate.

This makes you sound like a five year old spoiled brat in the middle of a tantrum @libertybele   Not very helpful.  **nononono*

Offline libertybele

I see DeSanctus as a threat to this country @libertybele   He is a trojan horse for the globalist elites America First is committed to defeating.  He deserves neither my respect nor my vote.

False.  If I recall correctly, a poster in here recently disproved that DeSantis is a trojan horse for the globalist elites.

Offline libertybele

This makes you sound like a five year old spoiled brat in the middle of a tantrum @libertybele   Not very helpful.  **nononono*

??? If you say so @Right_in_Virginia   It sure seems to me you're the one throwing a tantrum over the popularity of DeSantis.

Enough already of the Trump v. DeSantis --- DeSantis hasn't even announced he's running. It's getting ridiculous.

Offline LMAO

I’ve had a chance to research Ron Desantis record myself, and it’s fairly conservative while he was a member of Congress. Especially on the spending. And I think that’s what scares Trump and his supporters the most. What scares them as this time conservatives might have a real choice and not big spending populism.

And that’s ultimately what should be judge. His voting record. Not what Donald Trump and his supporters say about him
« Last Edit: March 19, 2023, 07:41:13 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Online roamer_1

I’ve had a chance to research Ron Desantis record myself, and it’s fairly conservative while he was a member of Congress. Especially on the spending. And I think that’s what scares Trump and his supporters the most. What scares them as this time conservatives might have a real choice and not big spending populism.

And that’s ultimately what should be judge. His voting record. Not what Donald Trump and his supporters say about him

SURE. A founding member of the Conservative Freedom Caucus - That means TEA Party - And almost certainly a step in the right direction. And if it is, his voting record, along with his general record, will predict his actions.

And so far as I know, that record is  GOOD.

Not that it is here nor there... he ain't even declared.

Offline libertybele

SURE. A founding member of the Conservative Freedom Caucus - That means TEA Party - And almost certainly a step in the right direction. And if it is, his voting record, along with his general record, will predict his actions.

And so far as I know, that record is  GOOD.

Not that it is here nor there... he ain't even declared.

Exactly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@libertybele

I have my doubts about it too. At THIS time,staying out of the all the feces slinging that is going on and waiting another 4 years is the smart thing to do.

Howsumever,he IS a politician,and they seem to have a lot of trouble avoiding the bright lights and the tv cameras,so what is going to happen is anyone's guess.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Donald Trump claims to be a Christian, but his actions at times don't reflect it.

@mrpotatohead

Define Christian.

There must be dozens of "Christian Faiths" (btw,take notice that "Faith" does not mean the same thing as "Fact"),and they all have different opinions on what it means to be a "Faithful  Christian".

??? If you say so @Right_in_Virginia   It sure seems to me you're the one throwing a tantrum over the popularity of DeSantis.

DeSantis is dropping like a stone @libertybele  With God's grace you'll get to keep him in Florida    :0001:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Were DeSantis about to be arrested, their lizard-brained messiah would immediately throw him under the bus, and then back over him six or eight times.

@cato potatoe

I know you are a "fan boy",but get a grip on yourself. You sound like an hysterial teenager at a Elvis concert in the 50's.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I see DeSanctus as a threat to this country . He is a trojan horse for the globalist elites America First is committed to defeating.  He deserves neither my respect nor my vote.

@Right_in_Virginia

I disagree. He is nothing more,or less,than a clever politician trying to play all the angles at the same time.