Author Topic: San Francisco Police Department hired unvetted, undocumented officers to fill staff vacancies, audit  (Read 198 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
San Francisco Police Department hired unvetted, undocumented officers to fill staff vacancies, audit finds
Story by Elizabeth Heckman • Yesterday 2:30 PM

The San Francisco Police Department hired undocumented and unqualified officers to address a staffing shortage in the crime-ridden city, an audit has revealed.

Forty-five Bay Area officers hired since 2016 were flagged for not meeting hiring requirements, including missing fingerprints, proof of citizenship, graduation records, and incomplete psychological exams and background checks, according to newly-obtained state records.

Former San Francisco Police Officer Joel Aylworth joined "Fox & Friends First" to sound the alarm on the dangerous decline in vetting standards.

"I was never allowed these things," Aylworth said Monday. "I mean, the background process is very intense. It's about a six month to a year process. I mean, how does someone just [go], 'Oh, I don't know how the psych eval got lost.' Like, that's impossible because that person has to tell your background investigator before you can go on. So how any of this is even possible? I have no idea."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/san-francisco-police-department-hired-unvetted-undocumented-officers-to-fill-staff-vacancies-audit-finds/ar-AA18RFZE?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=971b0bf4783444e08f262d5023fb8835&ei=11
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The Republic is lost.

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
San Fransicko is in lock step with Memphis! :3:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson