Author Topic: America’s Military Depends on Minerals That China Controls  (Read 197 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
America’s Military Depends on Minerals That China Controls
« on: March 18, 2023, 03:40:41 pm »
America’s Military Depends on Minerals That China Controls
March 16, 2023in News

In 1944, when the outcome of World War II hung in the balance, the rapid advance of Allied forces across Europe suddenly stalled due to fuel shortages. In the famous words of then-Gen. George Patton: “My men can eat their belts, but my tanks have gotta have gas.”

Patton’s quote is a testament to the crucial role of supply chains and logistics in military operations. Simply stated, supply chains win wars and save lives. Materials need to be in the right place at the right time.

For the United States today, those materials include many more resources than fuel for tanks. A host of so-called critical minerals are essential to building and maintaining modern weapons systems. In today’s globalized world, the United States and other major world powers are alarmingly dependent on other nations—first and foremost China—for these materials. China’s rapid buildup of a sophisticated military has rendered it America’s most consequential strategic competitor and has set the so-called pacing threat for American defense strategy.

https://dnyuz.com/2023/03/16/americas-military-depends-on-minerals-that-china-controls/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: America’s Military Depends on Minerals That China Controls
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2023, 04:10:50 pm »
Many of these minerals are available in the U.S.   But it would take extensive mining to access them.

Perhaps a better option would be to cut some mining deals with the Taliban.  F ghanistan is rich with them.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2023, 04:13:18 pm by bigheadfred »
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley