Author Topic: Everything you need to know about Army Mountain Warfare School  (Read 96 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Everything you need to know about Army Mountain Warfare School
All your burning questions about U.S. Army Mountain Warfare School, answered.

BY MAX HAUPTMAN | PUBLISHED MAR 16, 2023 1:08 PM EDT

U.S. Army Mountain Warfare School
U.S. Army Capt. Jason Beams, Training Division officer at the Army Mountain Warfare School in Jericho, Vt., observes Soldiers climbing Smugglers' Notch during their final phase of the Basic Military Mountaineering course in Jeffersonville, Vt., Feb. 19, 2015. (U.S. Air National Guard photo by Tech. Sgt. Sarah Mattison).

The placard above the entrance to the U.S. Army Mountain Warfare School says, “The Gods of the valleys are not the Gods of the hills.” Those are the words of American Revolutionary War Maj. Gen. Ethan Allen and they were as true then as they are today.

Students from all Army military occupational specialties and all U.S. service branches are eligible to attend the U.S. Army Mountain Warfare School. But the goal for graduates is the same: to gain an appreciation and understanding of the difficulties of operating in harsh, mountainous terrain.

“If you look at where we operate and many of the places we operate,” 1st Sgt. Andreas Bond, an instructor at the school, told Task & Purpose. “It should be a key component to have soldiers trained in that environment.”

Everything you need to know about Army Mountain Warfare School

Located at the Camp Ethan Allen Training Site in Jericho, Vermont, the Army Mountain Warfare School provides basic and advanced military mountaineering training, as well as specialized instruction in the Rough Terrain Evacuation Course, the Mountain Rifleman Course, and the Mountain Planner’s Course. Around 1,000 students attend annually, both active duty, Reserve, and National Guard soldiers, as well as service members from other branches and foreign militaries. Graduates from the Basic Military Mountaineer Course earn the skill qualification identifier “E” – Military Mountaineer, as well as the Military Mountaineer Badge, commonly referred to as the Ram’s Head Device.

https://taskandpurpose.com/military-life/army-mountain-warfare-school-guide/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson