Author Topic: DOD OFFICIAL SAYS SUB AGREEMENT WILL HELP GUARANTEE FREE, OPEN INDO-PACIFIC  (Read 72 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
DOD OFFICIAL SAYS SUB AGREEMENT WILL HELP GUARANTEE FREE, OPEN INDO-PACIFIC
March 15, 2023Department of Defense News

This article by Jim Garamone was originally published on March 14, 2023, by DOD News.

U.S. defense officials believe the Australia-United Kingdom-United States enhanced security partnership will go a long way to guaranteeing stability and security in the Indo-Pacific region.

Mara E. Karlin, performing the duties of deputy undersecretary of defense for policy, said the agreement spells out the pathway for Australia to acquire a conventionally armed, nuclear-powered submarine capability. The so-called AUKUS agreement is the latest example of how close the alliance is among the three nations.

"The three nations took 18 months to identify the optimal pathway for Australia to acquire this capability while setting the highest nuclear non-proliferation standard," she said at a Pentagon news conference today. "This plan will deliver on that commitment and lift all three nations' submarine industrial bases and undersea capabilities, enhancing deterrence and promoting stability in the Indo-Pacific," Karlin said.

https://coffeeordie.com/sub-agreement-indo-pacific/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
That is contingent on how the effects of global warming play out, of course. :silly:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson