Author Topic: N.Y. Sheriff Pleads for More Help on Border  (Read 100 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
N.Y. Sheriff Pleads for More Help on Border
« on: March 18, 2023, 03:07:56 pm »
N.Y. Sheriff Pleads for More Help on Border
(Newsmax)
By Solange Reyner    |   Friday, 17 March 2023 05:03 PM EDT

A New York sheriff on Friday pleaded for more help from the U.S. Border Patrol, telling reporters his department is seeing "more and more people" attempting to cross the Canadian border, which he noted "can be deadly terrain if you're not familiar with it."

Just last week, David Favro's team in Clinton County assisted Border Patrol agents in rescuing 39 migrants, including some whose clothes had frozen to their bodies.

"The only way to really be able to cover and protect [the northern border] is boots on the ground," Favro said, per NBC News.

Customs and Border Protection added 25 agents to the area last week as illegal border crossings have increased tenfold in the last five months compared to the same time last year along the nation's border spanning eastern New York, Vermont, and New Hampshire.

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/new-york-us-canada-border-border-patrol/2023/03/17/id/1112595/
« Last Edit: March 18, 2023, 03:09:06 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson