Author Topic: Giving a name to the unidentified remains found in Southern Arizona deserts  (Read 114 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Giving a name to the unidentified remains found in Southern Arizona deserts

By Mary Coleman
Published: Mar. 17, 2023 at 4:40 PM EDT|Updated: 18 hours ago
TUCSON, Ariz. (13 News) - Over the last twenty years, there have been 3,609 migrants, or their remains, recovered in Southern Arizona and taken to the Pima County Office of the Medical Examiner. Some have been identified, but many have not, leaving families heartbroken and with questions.

But teamwork is helping find answers, and give families closure they’ve yearned for.

The American dream.

Some of us are lucky enough to be born into it. Others, risk their loves trying to attain it. The Pima County Office of the Medical Examiner sees this first-hand, with multiple cases of undocumented border crossers (or UBCs as they refer to them as), many of whom are found in our desolate, callous, and brutal Southern Arizona deserts.

Since 2020, the remains of 627 unidentified migrants have been brought into the medical examiner’s office, and there have been 20 so far this year. Politics aside, it’s an issue that’s been long-standing.

https://www.kold.com/2023/03/17/giving-name-unidentified-remains-found-southern-arizona-deserts/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson