Author Topic: Twelve reasons things are not going well in America  (Read 187 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Twelve reasons things are not going well in America
« on: March 18, 2023, 02:57:57 pm »
March 17, 2023
Twelve reasons things are not going well in America
By Molly Slag

Anyone paying attention to the news, even if following only mainstream outlets, knows that something is terribly wrong in America. Day by day it becomes more and more evident that a large portion of our citizenry does not comprehend the enormity of the pickle we are in.

Author Yuval Levin opens his 2020 book, A Time To Build, with this observation:

We Americans are living through a social crisis. This is a straightforward fact, and easy to see. And yet part of this crisis, one of its symptoms, is that we can’t seem to get a handle on what it is that’s wrong. It’s sometimes even hard to tell whether the rage, foreboding, a despair that so often shapes the national mood are themselves the essence of the problem or are marks of a deeper dysfunction.

Amen.

Just for amusement, let’s enumerate a few of our tighter tight spots:

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2023/03/twelve_reasons_things_are_not_going_well_in_america.html

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

Re: Twelve reasons things are not going well in America
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2023, 03:41:18 pm »
I can think of more than 12
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2023, 03:52:00 pm »
Really, only one:

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land. -2 Chronicles 7:14

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2023, 04:37:41 pm »
Really, only one:  If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land. -2 Chronicles 7:14
Really, that's the first thing that occurred to me.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org