Author Topic: Nuclear power plant leaks 400,000 gallons of radioactive water  (Read 101 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Nuclear power plant leaks 400,000 gallons of radioactive water
Story by Jamie Johnson • Yesterday 12:04 PM

A nuclear plant in the US leaked 400,000 gallons of radioactive water through a broken pipe, raising fears that the liquid has seeped into the ground.

Xcel Energy admitted that its Monticello facility, 39 miles north-west of Minneapolis in the state of Minnesota, suffered a leak of water containing tritium last November.

However, the company did not explain why it waited more than three months to publicly acknowledge what happened.

Xcel Energy said that it notified state officials and the federal Nuclear Regulatory Commission once it learned of the leak on Nov 22 2022, but it was not announced until this week.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/nuclear-power-plant-leaks-400-000-gallons-of-radioactive-water/ar-AA18KVGx?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=83d7e1978918402eb80ea28bbbdcc22f&ei=13
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson