Author Topic: The Navy’s Gerald Ford-Class Aircraft Carrier: Is It Worth the Big Cost?  (Read 114 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The Navy’s Gerald Ford-Class Aircraft Carrier: Is It Worth the Big Cost?
Story by Kris Osborn • Yesterday 2:12 PM

Many are likely familiar with the years of cost and drama, Congressional debate, and technological challenges associated with developing the now operational first-in-class USS Gerald R. Ford (CVN-78).

As far back as ten years ago, the Navy was facing Congressional scrutiny for cost overruns, delays, and integration challenges with some of the new technologies.

However, here we are and the USS Ford is at sea as an emblem of U.S. current and future power. The carrier operates as a floating city able to hold massive amounts of enemy areas at risk, a stabilizing presence around the globe signaling forward presence, deterrence, and U.S.-backed security assurance. 

Innovative Technologies
At the same time, should the USS Ford and its follow-on Ford-class carriers be called upon to war, there are a number of first-of-a-kind breakthrough technologies likely to massively improve the ship’s lethality and ability to project power.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/the-navy-s-gerald-ford-class-aircraft-carrier-is-it-worth-the-big-cost/ar-AA18LnHg?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=6874c759ff9045748c24730d5f32218a&ei=30
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
No matter what they cost, they all look the same at the bottom of the ocean. :bullie pirate:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson