Author Topic: Net Zero Could Cost Americans Over $50 Trillion, New Paper Warns  (Read 163 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WRITTEN BY DR. BENNY PEISER, GUEST POST ON MAR 17, 2023. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

Net Zero Could Cost Americans Over $50 Trillion, New Paper Warns

power transmission linesAn eminent researcher has warned that any attempt to decarbonize the US economy by 2050 is doomed to fail.

Professor Michael Kelly, from the University of Cambridge in the UK, has previously studied the impact of Net Zero projects in the UK and his native New Zealand and has now turned his expertise to the United States. [emphasis, links added]

His headline findings are a stark warning for politicians across the country.

“The cost to 2050 will comfortably exceed $12 trillion for electrification projects and $35 trillion for improving the energy efficiency of buildings.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/net-zero-could-cost-americans-over-50-trillion-new-paper-warns/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: Net Zero Could Cost Americans Over $50 Trillion, New Paper Warns
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2023, 12:55:57 pm »
Even if we could afford that cost, it will never come to pass because they will take away all fossil fuel use and build back nothing in it's place. All that 'green energy' that the activists will allow to be built will be not for you and me.
The Republic is lost.