Author Topic: Gender Ideology and the Catholic Church. Flirting with theological and moral bankruptcy.  (Read 232 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Gender Ideology and the Catholic Church
Flirting with theological and moral bankruptcy.
March 16, 2023 by Joseph Hippolito 9 Comments

Two events within 72 hours last week demonstrate the Catholic Church’s rapid capitulation to gender ideology — and its ensuing journey toward theological and moral bankruptcy.

On March 10, German bishops who will participate in an upcoming international synod overwhelmingly adopted a resolution to allow blessing same-sex unions in their own dioceses, and encouraged their fellow German bishops to imitate them. Of the assembly’s 202 bishops, 176 approved the resolution, 14 opposed it and 12 abstained.

The resolution directly challenges papal authority. In 2021, as FrontPage Magazine reported, the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, the Vatican’s highest theological body, ruled against a similar request from the same bishops. The CDF concluded that the church had no authority to bless same-sex unions, since both Scripture and the Catholic catechism considered them sinful.

https://www.frontpagemag.com/gender-ideology-and-the-catholic-church/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Sinful?

I believe the word was 'abomination'.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
A Fishrrman really-shaky prediction™:

Within 75-100 years the Catholic church will have become all-but dead in The West.

Christianity will survive in NON-Western nations.

But in the [formerly] "white/Euro-heritage/Christian west"?
Gone...