Author Topic: Three years ago today. The day everything changed.  (Read 1994 times)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: Three years ago today. The day everything changed.
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2023, 07:10:36 pm »
Look at how giddy everyone is. Including the President.

Ordering the forced isolation of the American people.

Remember this when he comes courting your vote.

Online libertybele

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2023, 07:58:35 pm »
Look at how giddy everyone is. Including the President.

Good video to reflect back on.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2023, 08:24:22 pm »

The President left the decision to close a state to each of the 50 governors @jmyrlefuller  Seven Republican governors chose not to lock down the citizens of their states.

DeSantis was not one of the seven....

Video:

https://mobile.twitter.com/sfdb/status/1509857474903527437

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2023, 08:32:15 pm »
Ron DeSantis
@GovRonDeSantis

Dr. Birx and Dr. Fauci agree; there is too high a risk that travelers from the NY Tri-State Area have been exposed to #COVID19. I appreciate their support for my executive order requiring such individuals flying into FL to self-quarantine for 14 days.

5:34 PM · Mar 25, 2020

https://mobile.twitter.com/GovRonDeSantis/status/1242927808843788288

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2023, 08:40:15 pm »
"Let me refresh your short term selective memory. Here’s video of DeSantis in June 2020 calling Fauci’s directives “important” & threatening to revoke licenses of FL businesses that didn’t comply." (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/LauraLoomer/status/1632477718351675393

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2023, 09:18:03 pm »
Thanks for posting the truth, RinVa...!

Online mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2023, 09:36:16 pm »
At the time, I thought, "Well, okay, just a couple of weeks, then we can get on with our lives. I can handle that."
Not having Easter services at church, wearing a face diaper everywhere that made my nose run, having to stand outside the grocery store because too many people already were inside, being unable to eat out or get a hair cut for six months or more - my patience didn't last much longer than two weeks. And we're still being required to wear masks to local hospitals and some doctors' offices, despite our governor having lifted that mandate. Grrr.

https://twitter.com/clayandbuck/status/1636842813772972034
« Last Edit: March 17, 2023, 09:38:20 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2023, 09:36:39 pm »
Kristi Noem was.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2023, 10:05:15 pm »
The President left the decision to close a state to each of the 50 governors @jmyrlefuller 
@Right_in_Virginia

OK. Let's play that game.

He allowed two of the worst, most tyrannical, left-wing governors in Gavin Newsom and Andrew Cuomo to trample on rights protected in the federal constitution. That erased all of the "Mak(ing) America Great Again" that he might have been credited with had he not let it happen to two of the largest economic contributors to the nation. FURTHERMORE: he placed two public health officials, Cuomo family friend Anthony Fauci and Fauci's protege Deborah Birx, in charge of that task force.

So don't come here and act stupid like "Well, he didn't do anything!" Exactly! He DIDN'T do anything. He went right along with Fauci and Birx, let tyranny run amok as long as it was at the state level (with Fauci and Birx feeding them "voluntary" edicts). He didn't fire Fauci like he promised. He did not defend our liberties.

And it wouldn't surprise me if he did it on purpose. Why? Because if he had won that election, he'd be term-limited and a lame duck. You know and I know that Donald Trump being irrelevant is his worst nightmare. But as long as he loses, he can keep running. Remember that video of Trump 2024, 2028, 2032, 2036... so on, so forth? So he sends out Fauci and Birx to convince everyone that it's not safe to vote in person, expand mail-ins instead! The same mail-ins that have favored Democrats in virtually every recount since Dino Rossi had the governorship of Washington State stripped from him in 2024.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2023, 10:23:01 pm »
I think some governors - Cuomo, Whitmer, Newsom, Wolf, et al. - really were malevolent in the steps they took after mid-March 2020. They delighted in being dictator for a day (or for months on end). I mean, seriously - prohibiting people from buying vegetable seeds for their gardens? Good grief.

Others in government probably were misled by the so-called experts who insisted that masking, distancing, closing down businesses, shutting up grandma in a nursing home full of sick people, etc., really were the only way to prevent millions upon millions from dying. I'd put my state's governor in that category. He was led around by the nose by those advisors, and I suspect that's kind of what happened with Trump. It was, "How do I know, I'm not an infectious disease expert, but if all these actual experts are telling me to do this ..."

Whether Fauci is an expert on anything is debatable, but at least now we know he had financial motives for making the Covid response as onerous as possible.

:shrug: Maybe Trump really did it to ensure losing the election. I don't know if his mind works that way.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2023, 10:26:45 pm »
 :beer:

Jeffrey A Tucker
@jeffreyatucker
Probably March 16 should be declared National Lockdown Day and be recognized with mourning forever more, a lesson for all history of how unbearably stupid and evil government policy can be and how the citizenry can be so easily duped.
9:41 AM · Mar 16, 2023

Online DB

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2023, 10:41:03 pm »
The President left the decision to close a state to each of the 50 governors @jmyrlefuller  Seven Republican governors chose not to lock down the citizens of their states.

Video:

https://mobile.twitter.com/sfdb/status/1509857474903527437

LOL... Trump wasn't the top executive of the federal government or anything... He was just a bystander and watched the train wreck consume the country and bares no responsibility for anything...

Leadership was someone else's responsibility...

And constitution, what constitution?

That's your position in a nutshell.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2023, 10:45:55 pm »
LOL... Trump wasn't the top executive of the federal government or anything... He was just a bystander and watched the train wreck consume the country and bares no responsibility for anything...

Basically

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2023, 11:24:10 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia

OK. Let's play that game.

He allowed two of the worst, most tyrannical, left-wing governors in Gavin Newsom and Andrew Cuomo to trample on rights protected in the federal constitution.

This was and is not a game @jmyrlefuller

The legal authority to order a lockdown resided with the governor of each state.  If tyranny resulted in a particular state, then it was, and remains, the responsibility of the state legislatures and attorneys general to bring suit and rein in the abuse of power.

The United States does not have a monarch with the level of power you seem to think a president has.

« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2023, 11:27:09 pm »

You post makes zero sense @DB. Care to try again?

« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2023, 11:43:11 pm »
:shrug: Maybe Trump really did it to ensure losing the election. I don't know if his mind works that way.

@mountaineer

I understand coming to terms with the truth that the foundation of the DeSantis campaign for president is a ruse will be tough ---

But that doesn't excuse your statement about Trump --- which is blatant fabrication on many levels --- and for the first time dimishes your credibility.  Sad.

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2023, 11:44:03 pm »
Thanks for posting the truth, RinVa...!

You're very welcome @Fishrrman

Online libertybele

« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2023, 12:05:11 am »
Florida shut down for a short period of time and re-opened in phases, which worked out beautifully.

All in all DeSantis made the right choices and people have flocked to FL by the hundreds of thousands; most of the rest of the country considers us a free state and you can't deny the lower taxes.  Approximately 329,000 people moved to FL between 2021 and 2022.  Granted, the hurricane spooked people and some are now moving out which is to be expected.

BTW the DeSantis campaign? As far as I know he has not announced that he is running --- so IMO Trump is jumping the gun with the name calling, accusations, etc.  Trump did a great job as president,  but his antics lately aren't helping him. 

https://www.flgov.com/wp-content/uploads/orders/2020/EO_20-244.pdf

https://www.makefloridayourhome.com/blog/how-many-people-are-moving-to-florida-every-year

« Last Edit: March 18, 2023, 12:08:27 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2023, 01:20:45 am »
This was and is not a game @jmyrlefuller

The legal authority to order a lockdown resided with the governor of each state.  If tyranny resulted in a particular state, then it was, and remains, the responsibility of the state legislatures and attorneys general to bring suit and rein in the abuse of power.

The United States does not have a monarch with the level of power you seem to think a president has.
The legal authority to order a lockdown does not exist. That's what you don't understand. There is a Constitutional right to assemble in this country that no government can violate. This is not Singapore.

Trump's handpicked advisory team with close ties to those Democrats he donated to before his Presidency purposely pushed for the violation of the Constitution. HE LET IT HAPPEN.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2023, 01:58:18 am »
@mountaineer

I understand coming to terms with the truth that the foundation of the DeSantis campaign for president is a ruse will be tough ---

But that doesn't excuse your statement about Trump --- which is blatant fabrication on many levels --- and for the first time dimishes your credibility.  Sad.
It wasn't  my theory. I was responding to another comment. And what does DeSantis have to do with it. I certainly didn't mention him, least of all as a candidate.  It's too early for me to pick a favorite for 2024.

Online LMAO

« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2023, 02:11:58 am »
:beer:

Jeffrey A Tucker
@jeffreyatucker
Probably March 16 should be declared National Lockdown Day and be recognized with mourning forever more, a lesson for all history of how unbearably stupid and evil government policy can be and how the citizenry can be so easily duped.
9:41 AM · Mar 16, 2023

Yes

And to remind how some animals were truly more equal than others as many gov and mayors violated their own lockdown orders that they had no problem forcing on their constituents
« Last Edit: March 18, 2023, 02:33:52 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2023, 03:36:34 am »
It wasn't  my theory. I was responding to another comment. And what does DeSantis have to do with it. I certainly didn't mention him, least of all as a candidate.  It's too early for me to pick a favorite for 2024.

Fair enough @mountaineer  Thanks for clarifying.

« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2023, 04:01:02 am »
The legal authority to order a lockdown does not exist. That's what you don't understand. There is a Constitutional right to assemble in this country that no government can violate.

@jmyrlefuller The legal opinion three years ago was that the government does have this right during a declared medical state of emergency based on available testing and tracing protocols.  The 10th Amendment, which gives states all powers not specifically given to the federal government, allows them the authority to take public health emergency actions, such as setting quarantines and business restrictions. Conversely, the 10th Amendment also allows them the authority to take no action.

But a larger issue remains:.  Under what available testing and tracing protocols has the Biden Administration continuously extended the medical emergency through at least May 11, 2023?

Online DB

« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2023, 04:09:19 am »
You post makes zero sense @DB. Care to try again?

Strange, others understood it.