Author Topic: Immigration Vetting Failures That Allowed Terrorists Into U.S., With More to Come  (Read 133 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Immigration Vetting Failures That Allowed Terrorists Into U.S., With More to Come
March 13, 2023

The first publicly accessible database of foreign nationals who entered the U.S. since 2008 with terrorist connections points to preventable vetting failures in 47 different cases. The compendium makes for reading that is both chilling and exasperating.

Twenty-two years after the 9/11 attacks, feckless immigration policies and enforcement gaps continue to compromise national security and endanger American citizens. Consider a sampling from the database:

Malik Faisal Akram – The British subject used the visa-waiver system between the United Kingdom and the United States to apply electronically for fast-track, visa-less entry in 2020. He traveled to Dallas to wage a kidnapping-hostage attack at a synagogue, demanding the release of a locally imprisoned terrorist. Akram was killed by FBI agents in the ensuing siege.

https://www.fairus.org/blog/2023/03/13/immigration-vetting-failures-allowed-terrorists-us-more-come
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson