Author Topic: Texas’s Central Planning: Duplicating the Grid  (Read 103 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Texas’s Central Planning: Duplicating the Grid
« on: March 17, 2023, 12:05:38 pm »
Texas’s Central Planning: Duplicating the Grid
By Robert Bradley Jr. -- March 16, 2023
“The answer to ensuring a reliable and affordable supply of electricity in Texas is not more subsidies, it is less subsidies. It is getting politicians out of the electricity business.” (Bill Peacock, below)

“The conundrum is that the greater the overall share of renewables in the energy mix, the more customers will have to spend on these largely redundant backups.” (Financial Times, below)

Economists have warned against central planning where a government monopoly is invoked and decisions are made from the center. Free-market analysts also long warned Texas that the government-enabled takeover of the grid with wind and solar (dilute, intermittent all) would cripple the ability of the reliables (gas-fired, coal-fired, and nuclear) to make the grid stable and secure, short of ‘Acts of God.’

https://www.masterresource.org/texas-blackout-2021/texas-duplicating-the-grid/
« Last Edit: March 17, 2023, 12:06:26 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson