Author Topic: E.P.A. Tells States: Clean Up Your Smokestacks  (Read 108 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
E.P.A. Tells States: Clean Up Your Smokestacks
« on: March 17, 2023, 11:37:24 am »
E.P.A. Tells States:  Clean Up Your Smokestacks
22 hours ago Kip Hansen 99 Comments
Essay by Kip Hansen — 16 March 2023

Many of us are not pleased with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) which, over the years, has engaged in a seeming never-ending power grab,  having both regulatory and enforcement authority over a wider and wide range of both individual and commercial activities in the United States.  The EPA was established, not by Congress, but by an Executive Order signed by then-President Richard Nixon. 

On the other hand,  the EPA, in its first decade of operations, enforced environmental laws  passed by Congress, primarily the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) [of 1970].  Since then, regulations and enforcement of air quality standards have resulted in greatly reduced air pollution generally, and in some locales, such as Los Angeles, almost miraculous results.

Here are the results for aggregate air pollution [six most common pollutants] shown coincident with growth in Gross Domestic Product, Vehicle Miles Traveled, Population, Energy Consumption and CO2 Emissions.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2023/03/16/e-p-a-tells-states-clean-up-your-smokestacks/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: E.P.A. Tells States: Clean Up Your Smokestacks
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2023, 11:39:16 am »
What the government regulates, the government eventually destroys. :doa:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson