Author Topic: EU Takes Step To Force All Homes, Buildings To Meet Crushing Energy Efficiency Standards  (Read 341 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
EU Takes Step To Force All Homes, Buildings To Meet Crushing Energy Efficiency Standards
By P Gosselin on 15. March 2023

Share this...
The European Parliament has just given the green light for the Energy Performance of Buildings Directive (EPBD) on Tuesday (14 March).

The law would lead to massive renovation costs for millions of homeowners who are already saddled by inflation and falling incomes as green energies and supply woes plague the continent. Where will the money come from?

First introduced in 2002, the directive has since been revised multiple times, and aims at improving the energy performance of the national building stocks through energy efficiency. The objective is to reduce “greenhouse gas” emissions.

The latest directive means updating building laws and forcing higher rates of renovation. It passed on March 14, with 343 votes in favor, 216 against and 78 abstentions. The latest version of the directive is part of the “Fit for 55” climate package.

https://notrickszone.com/2023/03/15/eu-takes-step-to-force-all-homes-buildings-to-meet-crushing-energy-efficiency-standards/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
It's not just in Europe.
"Countdown To New York's Rendezvous With Energy Impossibility":
https://www.manhattancontrarian.com/blog/2023-3-15-countdown-to-new-yorks-rendezvous-with-energy-impossibility

Offline LMAO

The idea of all this has nothing to do with the climate but forcing people out of their homes and into Soviet Union style city apartments

They just figure if they say it’s for the climate, the cause will be more noble
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I wonder how many 'historic' mansions will get exemptions?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I wonder how many 'historic' mansions will get exemptions?
For that we need to know who was on the ground and what they were up to. Not just DC Police, but every Alphabet agency present and the Capitol Hill Police, too.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis