Author Topic: Democrats defunded Memphis police. Here is what happened next  (Read 415 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Democrats defunded Memphis police. Here is what happened next
Opinion by Conn Carroll • Yesterday 9:25 PM

After Michael Brown was shot in the act of assaulting a police officer, the Democrat-controlled city of Memphis, Tennessee, slashed pension benefits for its police department. City officials also vowed to change a police force that was 47% white into something that better reflected a city that was only 27% white.

Hundreds of white police officers got the message they weren’t wanted and left the force. This left the Memphis Police Department hundreds of officers short of what even the Democratic mayor thought was needed to keep residents safe.

To fill this gap, according to journalist Robert Klemko, the police department was forced to lower standards at the police academy. This included dropping the department’s requirement that applicants hold a college degree and making it easier for recruits to pass tests.

All five of the officers charged with the brutal beating and murder of Tyre Nichols joined the department under these new, lower standards.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/democrats-defunded-memphis-police-here-is-what-happened-next/ar-AA18Jd4r?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=8a86a749ea4e4ae99d99f4839f9509ba&ei=17
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Democrats defunded Memphis police. Here is what happened next
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2023, 11:24:19 am »
But the "arrest" of Nichols was "mostly peaceful." :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline verga

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2023, 11:03:19 am »
Captain Obvious, please report for duty.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2023, 02:30:57 pm »
I am guessing without reading the article that things got better?

WARNING! There may be some slight traces of sarcasm in the above sentence.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online LMAO

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2023, 03:33:09 pm »
If I was a White Supremists, a real one and not someone who disagrees with the progressive agenda, what would I be doing differently from what leftists are doing to people of minority races?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2023, 07:20:38 pm »
Without reading the article,I am going to guess that Brotherly Love blossomed everywhere, and Unicorns flew all over the city,farting perfume fumes everywhere?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2023, 07:23:21 pm »

Democrats defunded Memphis police. Here is what happened next
Opinion by Conn Carroll • Yesterday 9:25 PM

After Michael Brown was shot in the act of assaulting a police officer, the Democrat-controlled city of Memphis, Tennessee, slashed pension benefits for its police department. City officials also vowed to change a police force that was 47% white into something that better reflected a city that was only 27% white.

Hundreds of white police officers got the message they weren’t wanted and left the force. This left the Memphis Police Department hundreds of officers short of what even the Democratic mayor thought was needed to keep residents safe.

To fill this gap, according to journalist Robert Klemko, the police department was forced to lower standards at the police academy. This included dropping the department’s requirement that applicants hold a college degree and making it easier for recruits to pass tests.

All five of the officers charged with the brutal beating and murder of Tyre Nichols joined the department under these new, lower standards.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/democrats-defunded-memphis-police-here-is-what-happened-next/ar-AA18Jd4r?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=8a86a749ea4e4ae99d99f4839f9509ba&ei=17

@rangerrebew

Ok,so was that the only thing that happened that made Memphis a better and safer place to live,or was it an aberration?

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2023, 03:56:18 pm »
@rangerrebew

Ok,so was that the only thing that happened that made Memphis a better and safer place to live,or was it an aberration?

Does it matter?  Something good came out of it.  In fact, I just posted an article where San Fransicko is going to give Memphis a run as best police force in the world by begging for people to become cops.  With such nice begging, how can anything but better things happen there! *****rollingeyes*****
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2023, 04:21:07 pm »
Does it matter?  Something good came out of it.  In fact, I just posted an article where San Fransicko is going to give Memphis a run as best police force in the world by begging for people to become cops.  With such nice begging, how can anything but better things happen there! *****rollingeyes*****

They must have thought Police Academy was a Documentary.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: