Author Topic: Dutch farmers’ party secures landslide victory  (Read 277 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Dutch farmers’ party secures landslide victory
« on: March 17, 2023, 11:18:14 am »
UnHerd by Senay Boztas 3/16/2023

The BBB's huge election win is a direct challenge to Mark Rutte's coalition

With the highest turnout in 30 years, Dutch voters gave an extraordinary signal to their four-party Government on Wednesday: the Farmer Citizen Movement (BoerBurgerBeweging, or BBB) is set to come first in regional elections, which decide the make-up of the Dutch Senate.

In a long voting day, with locations from repurposed drive-through testing centres to ancient churches, an estimated 61% of Dutch people turned out. The result was astonishing, even though the party has been creeping up the polls, feeding on anti-establishment feeling after unpopular Covid lockdowns.

Some analysts saw the election as a fight between two ‘moods’ in the Netherlands: a mood of (Right-wing) discontent, echoed also across other countries, versus the traditional consensus-driven Dutch mood. With 18 parties in parliament, politicians have typically found a way to muddle along, but this election was different thanks to the thorny issue of nitrogen compound pollution, which is tying the country in knots before a bill has even passed through parliament.

More: https://unherd.com/thepost/dutch-farmers-party-secures-landslide-victory/

Offline LMAO

Re: Dutch farmers’ party secures landslide victory
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2023, 05:45:09 pm »
Amazing how people vote if they're told to starve by their leaders. Who would have thought?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Dutch farmers’ party secures landslide victory
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2023, 06:36:31 pm »
Mass starvation to save Mother Gaia is not a winning strategy.  Polar Bears can't vote.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright