Author Topic: Pence implies Trump is a bad Christian as 2024 announcement looms  (Read 258 times)

Offline corbe

Pence implies Trump is a bad Christian as 2024 announcement looms

by Misty Severi, Breaking News Reporter
March 16, 2023 08:27 PM

Mike Pence attempted to court conservative Christians during a speech in Washington, D.C., last weekend, implying that he is a better Christian than former President Donald Trump.

The former vice president made multiple religious digs at Trump. At one point, he implied that Trump does not read the Bible even though he claims to be a believer. Pence also said when Trump did read the Bible, he enjoyed the verses on getting rid of his enemies.

“I once invited President Trump to Bible study,” Pence said in the speech. “He really liked the passages about the smiting and perishing of thine enemies. As he put it, ‘Ya know, Mike, there’s some really good stuff in here.'"

Although Pence has not announced a bid for the White House in 2024, Christian conservatives would be an important pool of voters if he does. Pence helped attract white evangelicals during Trump's 2016 election, but the duo will not be on the same ticket in 2024.

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/pence-implies-trump-bad-christian-ahead-2024
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline mountaineer

Re: Pence implies Trump is a bad Christian as 2024 announcement looms
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2023, 02:00:59 am »
Sounds a little judgy.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline bilo

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2023, 02:15:47 am »
“I once invited President Trump to Bible study,” Pence said in the speech. “He really liked the passages about the smiting and perishing of thine enemies. As he put it, ‘Ya know, Mike, there’s some really good stuff in here

I know a lot of Christians like Mike Pence. Any problem comes along and they want to pray on it until the problem just disappears. I prefer the Christians who ask the LORD for guidance and then take action.

Trump may be an in your face, direct, big talking, thin skinned man, but he takes action and expects those around him to do the same. If his faith doesn't conform to the traditional model all I can say is, "thank the Lord I don't need a theological degree to be saved."
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2023, 02:38:08 am »
Judas said whaat?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2023, 11:11:26 pm »
Judas Pence plays pot calling the kettle black, and in a very judgmental WOKE way!
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions