Author Topic: Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot slammed at meeting: ‘Get the hell out of my city’  (Read 2286 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot slammed at meeting: ‘Get the hell out of my city’
By Jorge Fitz-Gibbon   
March 16, 2023 1:43pm

Lame duck Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot got a tongue-lashing at a raucous city council meeting Wednesday, with a longtime critic telling the controversial pol to “get the hell out of my city.”

Journalist William Kelly, a frequent adversary of Lightfoot, berated the outgoing mayor for her botched leadership, including her response to the COVID-19 pandemic, during a public comment portion of the meeting.

“You shut down our schools, you shut down the churches, you shut down the businesses,” Kelly railed, according to a video posted by Forbes.

“You did the one thing that I thought could never happen,” he said. “As someone who was born and raised on the south side of Chicago, I never thought in my life that I would ever see the city of Chicago brought down so low as you have managed to bring it down.

“Shame on you,” Kelly said. “That is a legacy that you are going to have to carry.”

more
https://nypost.com/2023/03/16/chicago-mayor-lori-lightfoot-slammed-at-meeting-get-the-hell-out-of-my-city/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

She may not be the most deserving politician ever for such wrath

But she’s gotta be somewhere in the running
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy