Author Topic: Migrant arrivals up 2% in February as border crossers head to ports of entry Of 128,877 crossings, n  (Read 119 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Migrant arrivals up 2% in February as border crossers head to ports of entry
Of 128,877 crossings, nearly 40,000 were repeat encounters.

By Ben Whedon
Updated: March 15, 2023 - 9:09pm

Border authorities reported that more than 120,000 migrants entered the United States via Ports of Entry on the border with Mexico during the month of February, while total encounters increased by a significant margin over January.

U.S. Customs and Border Protection confirmed on Wednesday that 128,877 had entered via POEs, meaning levels remained on par with those of January when 128,913 crossed the border at those sites. Of those 128,877, nearly 40,000 were repeat encounters.

CBP observed that the February numbers mark "second month in a row as the lowest month of Border Patrol encounters since February 2021." Those figures only include arrivals at Mexican border POE, however, and total migrant encounters for February came in at 212,266, a 2% increase over January. That figure includes both POE arrivals and border encounters at unauthorized entry points.

https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/more-128k-migrants-entered-country-february-border-authorities-say
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson