Author Topic: Assaults, Rescues and Abandoned Children in the RGV  (Read 121 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Assaults, Rescues and Abandoned Children in the RGV
« on: March 16, 2023, 05:34:03 pm »
Assaults, Rescues and Abandoned Children in the RGV
Release Date Wed, 03/15/2023 - 12:00
EDINBURG, Texas – This week, Rio Grande Valley Sector Border Patrol agents had a violent encounter, prevented an individual from drowning and saved three abandoned children near the river.

On March 15, McAllen agents apprehended a group of migrants by the Bentsen State Park. During the encounter, an agent was physically assaulted and had to give the individual several commands before the individual let go. Several agents responded to the area to assist with the non-compliant individual. The subject, a citizen of Honduras, continued to resist until the agents were able to place him in handcuffs.

Later that afternoon, a McAllen Riverine Unit responded to a call from an Air and Marine Operations helicopter concerning an individual who appeared to be in distress, attempting to swim back to Mexico. The crew located the person struggling to stay afloat and safely extracted him from the water. The male individual was medically evaluated and treated by a Border Patrol Emergency Medical Technician (EMT).

https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/local-media-release/assaults-rescues-and-abandoned-children-rgv
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson