Author Topic: More than 1.3 million immigrants got away at US-Mexico boundary: Border chief  (Read 102 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

BORDER PATROL
More than 1.3 million immigrants got away at US-Mexico boundary: Border chief
by Anna Giaritelli, Homeland Security Reporter |
 March 15, 2023 06:22 PM

Border Patrol is aware of 1.3 million immigrants who illegally crossed the U.S.-Mexico border, evaded arrest, and whose whereabouts are unknown.

Border Patrol Chief Raul Ortiz testified before the House Homeland Security Committee at a hearing in McAllen, Texas, on Wednesday that since October 2022, agents had observed 385,000 noncitizens cross the southern border but were unable to pursue those people due to constraints responding to other groups of people smuggled.

The new figure is in addition to 318,112 illegal immigrants observed between January 2021, when President Joe Biden took office, and the end of fiscal 2021 that September.

Approximately 599,000 "gotaways" were recorded in 2022 for a grand total of 1,302,112 during the Biden administration.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/immigration/border-patrol-1-3-million-migrant-gotaways
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson