Author Topic: American Children Are Dying at Highest Rate in 50 Years  (Read 350 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
American Children Are Dying at Highest Rate in 50 Years
« on: March 16, 2023, 05:04:39 pm »
American Children Are Dying at Highest Rate in 50 Years

Naveen Athrappully
Mar 16 2023

Mortality rates among American children and adolescents rose by almost 20 percent in just two years, with non-COVID injuries being a top reason for increased deaths.

Between 2019 and 2020, all-cause mortality rates for Americans in the age group of 1 to 19 years jumped by 10.7 percent, according to data collected and published by JAMA Network from the American Medical Association. This was followed by an 8.3 percent spike between 2020 and 2021. The total mortality rate in the two years between 2019 and 2021 was 19 percent—the biggest increase in at least 50 years. “These increases, the largest in decades, followed a period of great progress in reducing pediatric mortality rates,” the editorial stated.

“This reversal in the pediatric mortality trajectory was caused not by COVID-19, but by injuries,” the editorial stated. “In 2020, the COVID-19 mortality rate at ages 1 to 19 years was 0.24 deaths per 100 000, but the absolute increase in injury deaths alone was nearly 12 times higher (2.80 deaths per 100 000).”

https://www.theepochtimes.com/health/american-children-are-dying-at-highest-rate-in-50-years_5124568.html?utm_source=partner&utm_campaign=BonginoReport
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

Re: American Children Are Dying at Highest Rate in 50 Years
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2023, 05:22:29 pm »
By "injuries" do they mean only other-inflicted injuries, or both other-inflicted and self-inflicted?  In other words, how much of this increase is due to suicides?

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2023, 10:25:21 pm »
By "injuries" do they mean only other-inflicted injuries, or both other-inflicted and self-inflicted?  In other words, how much of this increase is due to suicides?
Both.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2023, 10:32:57 pm »
In medical lingo, wouldn't the term "injuries" include fatalities caused by drugs, whether Fentanyl or Covid vax? I'm not in the medical profession, but thought I'd seen it in that context.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2023, 10:35:53 pm »
In medical lingo, wouldn't the term "injuries" include fatalities caused by drugs, whether Fentanyl or Covid vax? I'm not in the medical profession, but thought I'd seen it in that context.
Suicides were mentioned in the article as being a major factor.

Covid Vax was not specifically mentioned, but from what I have read, otherwise healthy kids under 12 were more likely to have a fatal adverse reaction to the jabs than to die of COVID
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis