Author Topic: Trump's VP? Some in GOP already jockeying for consideration  (Read 1225 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump's VP? Some in GOP already jockeying for consideration
« on: March 16, 2023, 03:26:18 pm »
Trump's VP? Some in GOP already jockeying for consideration
By JILL COLVIN

OXON HILL, Md. (AP) — Trips to Mar-a-Lago. Glowing speeches. Front-row seats at major events.

The first Republican presidential primaries are nearly a year away and the candidate field is unsettled. But already, a shadow contest of another sort is underway with several Republicans openly jockeying to position themselves as potential running mates to Donald Trump, the early front-runner for the nomination.

“A lot of people are right now auditioning,” Trump boasted to supporters in Florida last month.

The mere mention of a running mate this early in the process is a departure from the traditional timeline of presidential primaries, where candidates typically spend the opening months of a campaign introducing themselves to voters and sharing their visions for the country. But as a former president, Trump needs no introduction and is eager to project an air of inevitability around his campaign, particularly as attention builds around Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, who is widely seen as his toughest potential GOP rival.

Trump campaign officials insist that the vice presidential search is not something they have been actively discussing.

more
https://apnews.com/article/trump-election-2024-vice-president-2241ae16d6f8422076cdc57dcb87311e
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline corbe

Re: Trump's VP? Some in GOP already jockeying for consideration
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2023, 03:30:04 pm »
The race is on: Here’s what Trump is looking for in possible running mate

by Cami Mondeaux, Breaking News Reporter 
March 16, 2023 08:44 AM

The presidential primaries are just under a year away, and the list of possible candidates is far from settled. Still, former President Donald Trump is already eyeing options for his possible running mate.

Several Republicans are already positioning themselves as contenders to run alongside Trump, who has emerged as an early front-runner, while other party members mull a White House bid. The fight for the No. 2 position is a break from the typical primary process, as candidates usually announce a presidential bid for themselves before jockeying as one’s running mate.

“A lot of people are right now auditioning,” Trump told supporters at a campaign rally in Florida last month.

High-profile conservatives are flocking to Trump’s side as he kicks off his campaign, including lawmakers such as Reps. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) and Elise Stefanik (R-NY), who went to cheer on Trump’s speech at the Conservative Political Action Conference earlier this month.

However, spokespeople for the former president say a vice presidential search is not under discussion.

“We appreciate all support for President Trump, but the clear focus is on making sure that he wins the Republican nomination and is well posited to win the general election in 2024,” said longtime Trump adviser Jason Miller, according to the Associated Press.

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/what-trump-looking-for-possible-running-mate
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2023, 04:23:57 pm »
I still want to see DeSantis as his VP running mate.

I just don't want to see him as President right now. Trump can only serve 4 years,and he is the "bomb-thrower" we need in office  to start clearing out the trash.

I think DeSantis would make an excellent "clean up man",but I don't think he has the stones to do what needs to be done to destroy the power the left has over this country. For one thing,he would be concerned about his re-election chances if he pisses off the idiot voters who only pay attention to politics right before an election,and then decide to vote for whoever looked the cutest/most handsome,or who told them the lies that they want to hear.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2023, 10:46:44 pm »
Agree with Pete above.

If not DeSantis, it should be someone qualified to step right into the "Oval Office shoes" if required.
I'm thinking someone like Rand Paul, Jim Jordan, etc.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2023, 12:25:47 am »
Agree with Pete above.

If not DeSantis, it should be someone qualified to step right into the "Oval Office shoes" if required.
I'm thinking someone like Rand Paul, Jim Jordan, etc.

@Fishrrman

I don't even know  if any of them would take the job if it were to be offered. Face it,taking on the political establishment and actually being serious about it would be a "Political death sentence".

Trump can  get away with this because he can only serve one term and really has nothing to lose.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2023, 12:35:32 am »
The best VP choice for Trump would be Hillary Clinton. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2023, 12:49:43 am »
The best VP choice for Trump would be Hillary Clinton.

@Wingnut

Are you allowed to wander around without a keeper?

Offline LMAO

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2023, 12:52:59 am »
"I know her and she'd be a good president or good vice president," Donald Trump

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2023, 01:06:01 am »
"I know her and she'd be a good president or good vice president," Donald Trump

@LMAO

WHEN did he say that,Bubba?

Offline LMAO

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2023, 01:26:59 am »
@LMAO

WHEN did he say that,Bubba?

Did you believe in 2008 that Hillary would have made a good president or VP?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2023, 01:29:35 am »

It is on tape.   Orange man said it.  Look it up @sneakypete
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2023, 03:05:53 am »

@LMAO

No,I don't.

I DO think she would make an excellent  wind test dummy for the USAF,though.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2023, 03:07:10 am »
It is on tape.   Orange man said it.  Look it up @sneakypete

@Wingnut

Big freaking deal. His only involvement in politics back then was hanging around politicians to make sure they didn't prevent him from closing business deals.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2023, 05:09:58 pm »
@Wingnut

Big freaking deal. His only involvement in politics back then was hanging around politicians to make sure they didn't prevent him from closing business deals.

He donated to Kamala Harris when she ran for CA Attorney General

She was in no position to shut down his business

How many Democrats has DeSantis or any of the potential GOP nominees donated to over the years?

And what does saying he believed Hillary would make a great POTUS or VP have to do with making sure politicians don’t shut down his business?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2023, 06:29:24 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2023, 05:25:58 pm »
@Wingnut

Nonsense.  You clearly have no clue what it takes to get a major real estate development done in NYC, or elsewhere in the Northwest.  Politics and politicians are intimately involved in all aspects of any major real estate development, especially in a place like NY or NJ, and anyone who is successful at it does so in large part because they understand politics and politicians.

Why Trump seemed to be incapable of translating that experience to his presidency escapes me.  Perhaps he just thought he was too special for the usual rules that apply to everyone else to apply to him.

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2023, 06:12:27 pm »
“A lot of people are right now auditioning,” Trump boasted to supporters in Florida last month.

It must have been disconcerting when their weight, chin height, and neck sizes were measured. 

Offline LMAO

« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2023, 06:38:34 pm »
In an 2008 interview with NY1 reviewed by CNN’s KFile, however, Trump praised Hillary Clinton and her husband, former President Bill Clinton, for their time in elected office.

Asked about Hillary Clinton’s legacy, Trump said, “Well, I think her history is far from being over. I’d like to answer that question in another 15 years from now. I think she is going to go down at a minimum as a great senator. I think she is a great wife to a president. And I think Bill Clinton was a great president.”

“You know you look at the country then,” he continued. “The economy was doing great. Look at what happened during the Clinton years. I mean, we had no war, the economy was doing great, everybody was happy. A lot of people hated him because they were jealous as hell. You know people get jealous and they hate you.”

https://www.cnn.com/2016/10/19/politics/trump-ny1-clintons/index.html

Barry Goldwater

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2023, 06:44:01 pm »
In an 2008 interview with NY1 reviewed by CNN’s KFile, however, Trump praised Hillary Clinton and her husband, former President Bill Clinton, for their time in elected office.

Asked about Hillary Clinton’s legacy, Trump said, “Well, I think her history is far from being over. I’d like to answer that question in another 15 years from now. I think she is going to go down at a minimum as a great senator. I think she is a great wife to a president. And I think Bill Clinton was a great president.”

“You know you look at the country then,” he continued. “The economy was doing great. Look at what happened during the Clinton years. I mean, we had no war, the economy was doing great, everybody was happy. A lot of people hated him because they were jealous as hell. You know people get jealous and they hate you.”

:mauslaff:

I wonder if that made it into Trump's book about a$$-kissing endorsements?

Offline LMAO

« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2023, 06:44:05 pm »

His past praise of Bill’s Mrs is not a deal breaker for me. But it seems whether it’s this or other issues, Trumpers seem to apply different standards to him than other politicians

Had Ron DeSantis or any other GOP candidate uttered similar gushing praise towards Hillary, you bet our resident Trumpers would be quick to post them
« Last Edit: March 17, 2023, 06:47:16 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2023, 06:52:12 pm »
:mauslaff:

I wonder if that made it into Trump's book about a$$-kissing endorsements?

But he had to praise her like that. You know, NYC business and all….lol

Barry Goldwater

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2023, 10:16:58 pm »

@LMAO

Two points here.

1:She would be IN a position to help his business dealings in CA

2: He did not hold any public  office at  that time,and was not running for public office at that time.

How many Democrats has DeSantis or any of the potential GOP nominees donated to over the years?

And what does saying he believed Hillary would make a great POTUS or VP have to do with making sure politicians don’t shut down his business?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2023, 10:20:07 pm »
Nonsense.  You clearly have no clue what it takes to get a major real estate development done in NYC, or elsewhere in the Northwest.  Politics and politicians are intimately involved in all aspects of any major real estate development, especially in a place like NY or NJ, and anyone who is successful at it does so in large part because they understand politics and politicians.

Why Trump seemed to be incapable of translating that experience to his presidency escapes me.  Perhaps he just thought he was too special for the usual rules that apply to everyone else to apply to him.

@Kamaji

HorseHillary!

ALL a business man  needs to understand is "Who do I give the money to so they can launder it and then make sure I get what I wanted so they can get more cash from me in the future?"

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2023, 10:23:18 pm »

His past praise of Bill’s Mrs is not a deal breaker for me. But it seems whether it’s this or other issues, Trumpers seem to apply different standards to him than other politicians

Had Ron DeSantis or any other GOP candidate uttered similar gushing praise towards Hillary, you bet our resident Trumpers would be quick to post them

@LMAO

You might take note that he was NOT an elected official or even a candidate back then,and he was doing what he needed to do to seal a deal and make a profit.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2023, 10:40:01 pm »
@Kamaji

HorseHillary!

ALL a business man  needs to understand is "Who do I give the money to so they can launder it and then make sure I get what I wanted so they can get more cash from me in the future?"

@sneakypete

Right back atcha, fool.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2023, 10:51:19 pm »
Prediction:

Tar baby.

Anyone who joins to Tumpy ends their career.