Author Topic: Biden’s camp confident he’s up to rigors of campaigning, even amid doubts  (Read 162 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden’s camp confident he’s up to rigors of campaigning, even amid doubts
by Amie Parnes - 03/19/23 6:00 AM ET

When President Biden announces his reelection bid in the coming weeks, he’ll enter a grueling 18-month phase of nonstop travel, sprinting from one swing state to another.

It’s expected to be a far different presidential election cycle than in 2020, when during the height of the COVID-19 pandemic, Biden campaigned largely from the comforts of his Delaware basement.

Even some allies wonder if Biden, who will turn 81 this year, can handle the rigors of the campaign, on top of his daily duties as president. Democrats are aware, more than ever, that his rivals will be watching for every verbal gaffe, messaging misfire and physical stumble to highlight his weaknesses and his age.

“It’s really going to put the president to the test,” said one Democratic strategist who has worked on recent presidential campaigns. “Campaign travel is brutal for all of us, but he has to travel from place to place and be at the top of his game at every stop because he’ll be scrutinized more than any other recent candidate.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/3905663-bidens-camp-confident-hes-up-to-rigors-of-campaigning-even-amid-doubts/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

How difficult can campaigning be when it’s done from the confines of a basement?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
There will be a few very scripted appearances, and that's it.  May not even be any debates because the GOP has - quite justifiably - withdrawn from the Commission on Presidential Debates.  Unfortunately, that will give Biden an easy excuse to duck them because he'll just keep insisting on using the CPD.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2023, 03:27:22 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »