Author Topic: A Lesson in Corporate Wokeness: The Disaster After Making Aunt Jemima a Pariah  (Read 210 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 townhall.com
A Lesson in Corporate Wokeness: The Disaster After Making Aunt Jemima a Pariah
Brad Slager

Though it is finally cooling, lingering effects are still seen with the cultural furor surrounding the beer brand Bud Light. There were a number of missteps regarding the poor decision to involve transgender influencer Dylan Mulvaney, and one of the aspects that have come to light is how those in charge of the brand have been engaging in corporate woke culture.

Many have seen the video of Alissa Heinerscheid, the VP of Bud Light, laying out her intentions for the beer brand to use a lexicon of woke culture and insult her out-of-touch customer base. But she is not alone. Also involved in things was Anheuser-Busch's vice president of communications, Jennifer Morris. In a prior interview, she laid out some of the goals for the company as she envisioned things:

Anheuser-Busch is in a unique position to bring attention to DE&I issues in a way that brings consumers along on the journey to drive positive change and create a more equitable world…we can leverage our scale and resources to further conversations around DE&I and help consumers understand the difference they can make as individuals.

It will take a period of time to assess just how impactful this beer backlash will become. It might take a few quarters before the revealing figures are seen, and we can be sure that if they are in the negative, there will be little in the way of reporting. The media, understand, are in compliance with, and harbor support for, these virtue-signaling politics. This is revealed with the details surrounding a prior corporate woke decision.

more
https://townhall.com/columnists/bradslager/2023/04/20/a-lesson-in-corporate-wokeness-the-disaster-after-making-aunt-jemima-a-pariah-n2622208
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Aunt Jemima was an outdated marketing emblem that needed updating or replacement.

The Bud Light fiasco was a corporation pissing on their customers, much like New Coke in 1985.
Self-Annointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Aunt Jemima was an outdated marketing emblem that needed updating or replacement.

The Bud Light fiasco was a corporation pissing on their customers, much like New Coke in 1985.

Aunt Jemima was just fine. Didn't need anything other than to be left the hell alone.

The rest I agree with @DefiantMassRINO
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Aunt Jemima was just fine. Didn't need anything other than to be left the hell alone.

The rest I agree with @DefiantMassRINO

Yep! I noticed Uncle Ben, the land-0-Lakes lady are gone, too, and even Mrs. Butterworth's bottle is no longer shaped like a human.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Yep! I noticed Uncle Ben, the land-0-Lakes lady are gone, too, and even Mrs. Butterworth's bottle is no longer shaped like a human.

This kind of crap will NEVER stop until it is stood up to.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien