Author Topic: In surprise, Trump goes after DeSantis on policy ~ Swill  (Read 982 times)

Offline corbe

In surprise, Trump goes after DeSantis on policy ~ Swill
« on: March 15, 2023, 10:42:50 pm »
In surprise, Trump goes after DeSantis on policy

BY BRETT SAMUELS - 03/15/23 4:07 PM ET

President Trump has gotten increasingly aggressive in attacking Ron DeSantis (R) as the Florida governor inches toward a presidential campaign, posing potentially the biggest threat to date to Trump’s bid for the GOP’s 2024 nomination.

While Trump has lobbed plenty of schoolyard taunts and nicknames toward his onetime ally, the former president in recent days showed how he will also look to highlight some of DeSantis’s past policy views to dampen support for the governor among Republican voters.

It’s a surprise move for the former president, who wasn’t known as a policy wonk during his four years at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.

Even more surprising, the policy-based attacks have shown some signs of landing as the two Floridians battle ahead of the GOP primary fight.

Ethanol rules

<..snip..>

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/3902024-in-surprise-trump-goes-after-desantis-on-policy/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline corbe

Re: In surprise, Trump goes after DeSantis on policy ~ Swill
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2023, 10:46:20 pm »
   He argued that Ethanol crap in Iowa in 2016 and Sen. Cruz who took the same position as DeSantis won.  Chock up another one for the 'Old Men don't learn new tricks' category.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2023, 11:13:50 pm »
Looks like the Hill will be propping up Trump through the primary season.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online LMAO

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2023, 11:24:56 pm »
From the article…

DeSantis] strongly opposed ethanol. Do you know that?” Trump told a crowd of supporters

Hmm….

Another point in Ron DeSantis favor

Trump supporters are hoping that he drains the treasury spending money on them. What happens if we going to another serious financial crisis?

Before we know it, Donald Trump will be going after Ron DeSantis for wanting to reduce the size of government and balance the budget

But this is one of many policy differences will be able to weigh. Hopefully, should DeSantis run, he keeps on that position
« Last Edit: March 15, 2023, 11:47:13 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2023, 12:02:46 am »
From the article…

DeSantis] strongly opposed ethanol. Do you know that?” Trump told a crowd of supporters

Hmm….

Trump supporters are hoping that he drains the treasury spending money on them. What happens if we going to another serious financial crisis?

Before we know it, Donald Trump will be going after Ron DeSantis for wanting to reduce the size of government and balance the budget

But this is one of many policy differences will be able to weigh. Hopefully, should DeSantis run, he keeps on that position

:thumbsup:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2023, 02:30:21 am »
From the article…

Hmm….

That's right. Even as Cruz did... A Conservative position, whether Tumpy knows it or not.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2023, 08:34:24 am »
I literally live in Iowa and I'm against ethanol. The farmers like it because it's easy, and they don't have to innovate to invest in added-value tech to enhance the value of their crops.

Ethanol literally kills investment in just about everything else ag related. I had some long time friends who had a process that would break down corn, and possibly other ag products, into it's basic protein, carb, and fat constituents. The carb was a pure sugar stream. It was a simple, efficient, low cost cold process that could have gotten up and running from a small amount of capital relative to what is invested in the industry right now.

The beauty of it is a pure sugar stream would make an ethanol plant far more efficient not having to deal with the other components on the front an back in, meaning it would have dropped the breakeven significantly. That sugar stream can be used to ferment many other things, and the protein and fat came out high quality with no loss of nutrition v. the stillage and DDG's that come out the the back end.

No one was interested because 'they were making money right now' in an industry known for it's booms and busts. They also wanted 'skin in the game' despite the fact I've seen the ag industry blind invest billions in boondoggles that never worked.

So forgive me if I'm a little hostile to ag industry at the moment. Ethanol is a crap product as it is and we should have moved on from it 2 decades ago.
The Republic is lost.

Offline art.prout

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2023, 08:44:13 am »
I literally live in Iowa and I'm against ethanol. The farmers like it because it's easy, and they don't have to innovate to invest in added-value tech to enhance the value of their crops.

Ethanol literally kills investment in just about everything else ag related. I had some long time friends who had a process that would break down corn, and possibly other ag products, into it's basic protein, carb, and fat constituents. The carb was a pure sugar stream. It was a simple, efficient, low cost cold process that could have gotten up and running from a small amount of capital relative to what is invested in the industry right now.

The beauty of it is a pure sugar stream would make an ethanol plant far more efficient not having to deal with the other components on the front an back in, meaning it would have dropped the breakeven significantly. That sugar stream can be used to ferment many other things, and the protein and fat came out high quality with no loss of nutrition v. the stillage and DDG's that come out the the back end.

No one was interested because 'they were making money right now' in an industry known for it's booms and busts. They also wanted 'skin in the game' despite the fact I've seen the ag industry blind invest billions in boondoggles that never worked.

So forgive me if I'm a little hostile to ag industry at the moment. Ethanol is a crap product as it is and we should have moved on from it 2 decades ago.

You are right as rain, BigAg is nothing but anti-American (anti-Western) trash at this point in time.

Online LMAO

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2023, 04:29:54 pm »
   He argued that Ethanol crap in Iowa in 2016 and Sen. Cruz who took the same position as DeSantis won.  Chock up another one for the 'Old Men don't learn new tricks' category.

Nothing says boondoggle louder than ethanol

As the campaign goes on, watch for Donald Trump to promise more money to certain constituencies
« Last Edit: March 16, 2023, 04:31:37 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Online LMAO

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2023, 07:36:59 pm »
Ethanol subsidies are low hanging fruit. It may not make a dent at all in our national debt, but it should be a fairly easy place to start when it comes to cuts

Barry Goldwater

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2023, 03:28:33 am »
That's right. Even as Cruz did... A Conservative position, whether Tumpy knows it or not.

And let's not forget that Ted Cruz came out on top in Iowa by opposing ethanol subsidies.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2023, 12:53:15 pm »
And let's not forget that Ted Cruz came out on top in Iowa by opposing ethanol subsidies.

Cruz stole Iowa! 

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/feb/03/donald-trump-ted-cruz-stole-iowa-caucuses-new-election

Online LMAO

Barry Goldwater

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2023, 04:12:17 pm »
He also claimed that the Colorado caucus system was rigged after Cruz won that one

https://fortune.com/2016/04/11/donald-trump-colorado-rigged/amp/

He’s quite the snowflake

Amazing, isn't it?  The thinnest-skinned, whiniest Republican in a long time, and his fans label everyone else snowflakes.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2023, 04:20:41 pm »
We have a conservative governor who is pushing back against the FEDS with wokeness included and yet he is being criticized by an ex-president.  This is exactly what we don't need.  Conservatives pushing back at the state level is severely needed and anyone who would interfere with that is not needed. Plain and simple.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online LMAO

« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2023, 04:48:54 pm »
Amazing, isn't it?  The thinnest-skinned, whiniest Republican in a long time, and his fans label everyone else snowflakes.

You just have to shake your head. It seems that every election Trump doesn’t win is somehow rigged against him.

Barry Goldwater

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2023, 04:54:41 pm »
We have a conservative governor who is pushing back against the FEDS with wokeness included and yet he is being criticized by an ex-president.  This is exactly what we don't need.  Conservatives pushing back at the state level is severely needed and anyone who would interfere with that is not needed. Plain and simple.

:thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2023, 05:45:00 pm »

But, but, butt... He Fights.  :silly:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2023, 05:47:18 pm »
You just have to shake your head. It seems that every election Trump doesn’t win is somehow rigged against him.

??? Trump only lost one election and it is very obvious and clear to me that it was a stolen election.  Just sayin'
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online LMAO

« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2023, 05:49:08 pm »

But, but, butt... He Fights.  :silly:

With Rosie O’Donnell, Kathy Griffin, Alyssa Milano, Stormy Daniels, weaker women, Meghan Kelly, Meghan McCain, dead Senators, ect ect

Who he doesn’t fight is  congressional democrat

Barry Goldwater

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2023, 05:51:05 pm »
Ethanol increases food and fuel prices only to benefit potential Presidential Candidates who hope to win the Iowa caucuses.

Trump knows his live audience.  In Iowa, corn sells.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Online LMAO

« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2023, 05:51:14 pm »
??? Trump only lost one election and it is very obvious and clear to me that it was a stolen election.  Just sayin'

In 2016, when he lost to Ted Cruz in Iowa and Colorado, he went on a tirade about how the system was rigged against him. By 2020, he was the boy that cried wolf.

Barry Goldwater