Author Topic: Beloved and debated, French bulldog becomes top US dog breed  (Read 478 times)

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Beloved and debated, French bulldog becomes top US dog breed
« on: March 15, 2023, 06:26:25 pm »
NEW YORK (AP) — For the first time in three decades, the U.S. has a new favorite dog breed, according to the American Kennel Club.

Adorable in some eyes, deplorable in others, the sturdy, push-faced, perky-eared, world-weary-looking and distinctively droll French bulldog became the nation’s most prevalent purebred dog last year, the club announced Wednesday. Frenchies ousted Labrador retrievers from the top spot after a record 31 years.

Why?

“They’re comical, friendly, loving little dogs,” says French Bull Dog Club of America spokesperson Patty Sosa. City-friendly, with modest grooming and exercise needs, she says, “they offer a lot in a small package.”

https://apnews.com/article/dogs-breeds-popularity-frenchies-bulldogs-labrador-retrievers-983c17969c8b3efaf1b02f55a0d8f24b
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Re: Beloved and debated, French bulldog becomes top US dog breed
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2023, 06:26:49 pm »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2023, 06:35:37 pm »
Not my favorite. Give me a good ol' mutt.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2023, 06:37:12 pm »
Meh, I prefer the working dogs...

aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2023, 09:28:21 pm »
Ping @Kamaji
@mystery-ak

I love them...I have a thing for smashed-face dogs..lol

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2023, 09:37:40 pm »
I love them...I have a thing for smashed-face dogs..lol

Same here.  We still haven't replaced our beloved English Bully...... Boogie.

But when we do, we are going the Frenchy route.  Boogie was 80 pounds, and my old back was having a hard time in her old age getting her in and out of the truck.  A 25 lb. French Bulldog will be a lot more portable.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online berdie

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2023, 10:27:47 pm »
Same here.  We still haven't replaced our beloved English Bully...... Boogie.

But when we do, we are going the Frenchy route.  Boogie was 80 pounds, and my old back was having a hard time in her old age getting her in and out of the truck.  A 25 lb. French Bulldog will be a lot more portable.

Boy, do I feel your pain! I love me some big dogs. But when they get infirm, and I do as well, it's an issue, lol.

Most all my dogs have been dogs dumped out on the road here...and they were mutts. My three favs were a wolf/husky, a lab/Irish setter and a cockapoo. I have loved all my multiple crew, but those 3 were very special.

If I were to get another dog, it would have to be one of the tiny breeds and I'm not sure I'm ready for that.