Author Topic: Kinzinger: When They Go Head to Head ‘Trump Will Start Wiping the Floor with Ron DeSantis’  (Read 418 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Kinzinger: When They Go Head to Head ‘Trump Will Start Wiping the Floor with Ron DeSantis’

Pam Key 14 Mar 2023

Former Rep. Adam Kinzinger (R-IL), now a CNN contributor, said Tuesday on “The Situation Room” that if former President Donald Trump goes head to head with Gov. Ron DeSantis (R-FL), “Trump will start wiping the floor with Ron DeSantis.”

Anchor Wolf Blitzer asked, “Adam, your fellow Republicans are more interested in a nominee that shares their positions rather than someone that they think will beat Joe Biden. As a Republican, does that concern you?”

Kinzinger said, “Well, I mean, it depends. I think right now, the majority of Republicans, for instance, support Ukraine. That number changes because they don’t hear from Republican leaders who support Ukraine because they’re, for some reason, scared to talk about it, with a few exceptions. They’re only hearing from Tucker Carlson, Donald Trump, and now Ron DeSantis, who says we don’t need to get involved in territorial disputes. So that makes me question what’s his position on Taiwan and China for things like that.”

He continued, “I think DeSantis’ advantage right now is, he’s kind of like anybody that’s ready to move on from Trump, he kind of gives people an out like yeah, I’m still cool, I want to own the libs, but it’s time to move on from Trump. The problem is, I don’t think that Ron DeSantis has the personality that Trump has, and as they go head to head, I really expect that Donald Trump will start wiping the floor with Ron DeSantis in terms of that.”

Kinzinger added, “I think there’s a real lane here for somebody that wants to be kind of a traditional conservative Republican if you will, but unfortunately, somebody like a Ron DeSantis is just trying to be Trump-lite,”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/03/14/kinzinger-when-they-go-head-to-head-trump-will-start-wiping-the-floor-with-ron-desantis/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline goatprairie

Yeah, just like Trump mopped the floor with Biden in their first debate.  :silly:

Offline Kamaji

That should make some heads explode - Kinzinger pimping for Trump.

:mauslaff:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@mystery-ak

. They’re only hearing from Tucker Carlson, Donald Trump, and now Ron DeSantis, who says we don’t need to get involved in territorial disputes.

Did that fool REALLY say that?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Yeah, just like Trump mopped the floor with Biden in their first debate.  :silly:

Yeah, that's the problem.  Everyone fully expected Biden to get smashed...but he didn't.  That's less of a comment on Biden than it was on the effectiveness of Trump's debate tactics once the shock has worn off.

Offline goatprairie

Yeah, that's the problem.  Everyone fully expected Biden to get smashed...but he didn't.  That's less of a comment on Biden than it was on the effectiveness of Trump's debate tactics once the shock has worn off.
Biden didn't have to do anything that first debate except let Trump make a fool of himself.
It's weird because being a jerk worked great for Biden in his 2012 "debate" with Paul Ryan who could hardly get a word in edgewise as the smirking Biden talked over him and refused to engage in a serious debate. The real Biden was exposed that night.....he could be as big of a jerk as Trump when he wanted to be.
But maybe old age helped Biden in 2020 as he let Trump shoot himself in the foot with his idiotic interruptions and other dumb actions. Trump might have lost his last chance at reelection with his stupid tactics that night.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Biden didn't have to do anything that first debate except let Trump make a fool of himself.
It's weird because being a jerk worked great for Biden in his 2012 "debate" with Paul Ryan who could hardly get a word in edgewise as the smirking Biden talked over him and refused to engage in a serious debate. The real Biden was exposed that night.....he could be as big of a jerk as Trump when he wanted to be.
But maybe old age helped Biden in 2020 as he let Trump shoot himself in the foot with his idiotic interruptions and other dumb actions. Trump might have lost his last chance at reelection with his stupid tactics that night.

@goatprairie

What helped Biden in 2020 was voter fraud.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!