Author Topic: Department of Defense Schools See Epic Rise in ‘Woke’ Books Since New Administrator’s Tweets Discove  (Read 245 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
OPINION
Department of Defense Schools See Epic Rise in ‘Woke’ Books Since New Administrator’s Tweets Discovered
BY KATHLEEN J. ANDERSON
MARCH 14, 2023 AT 10:11AM

Last September, the tweets of the Department of Defense Education Activity (DODEA) Chief of Diversity, Ms. Kelisa Wing, stirred up controversy over the proliferation of leftist ideologies. As a refresher, the DoDEA operates 160 schools across military installations in the United States and 11 foreign countries.

These schools service around 66,000 military children whose parents work on our bases and protect our country near and far. The discovery that the DODEA’s Chief of Diversity not only tweeted disparaging remarks about white people but had written various children’s books geared toward elevating such divisive topics as defunding the police had many parents and legislators concerned.

Six months later, and as far as anyone is aware, Wing is still in the same position with radio silence from the Pentagon on the results of their 30-day probe into her actions. But perhaps the most alarming part of this story that the five-sided building no doubt wishes would go away is the increase in Wing’s books showing up at these DOD schools.

https://thepoliticalinsider.com/department-of-defense-schools-see-epic-rise-in-woke-books-since-new-administrators-tweets-discovered/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

Online SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
The teaching of marxist type theories has been going on for a while in DoDD schools...although this appears to be formalized and encouraged.

I caught a teacher using a revisionist history book in our son's high school and gave him hell.  He was only held accountable because it wasn't "approved curricula".
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.