Author Topic: The Army wants this many new rifles, machine guns by next year  (Read 119 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The Army wants this many new rifles, machine guns by next year
By Todd South
 Mar 13, 03:00 PM

Though the Army still hasn’t publicly disclosed which close combat unit will first carry its new rifle, machine gun and ammunition, it did share how much it’s spending and how many weapons are rolling out early next year.

The Army seeks to spend $38 million on research, development, testing and experimentation and another $293 million to procure the Next Generation Squad Weapon in fiscal 2024, the service announced Monday.

That will end up buying 17,122 rifles, 1,419 automatic rifles, 14,932 fire control optics and 21 million rounds of 6.8mm ammunition, said Army Under Secretary Gabe Camarillo.

The service bought more than 18,000 weapons last year, according to budget documents.

https://www.marinecorpstimes.com/news/your-army/2023/03/13/the-army-wants-this-many-new-rifles-machine-guns-by-next-year/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson