Author Topic: Navy’s Secretive F/A-XX Combat Jet Gets Big Funding In New Budget (Updated)  (Read 129 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Navy’s Secretive F/A-XX Combat Jet Gets Big Funding In New Budget (Updated)
We break down the highlights from the Navy’s new aviation budget, including the first declassified request for F/A-XX worth $1.5B.

BY
JOSEPH TREVITHICK
|
PUBLISHED MAR 13, 2023 10:02 PM
Navy’s Secretive F/A-XX Combat Jet Gets Big Funding In New Budget (Updated)

JOSEPH TREVITHICK
View Joseph Trevithick's Articles

Among the aviation-related developments in the U.S. Navy's proposed budget for the 2024 Fiscal Year is a request for almost $1.53 billion in support of the development of a Next-Generation Fighter aircraft, or F/A-XX. This appears to be the first time the service has provided a hard unclassified dollar figure for any of its investments in this effort, which is understood to be seeking a stealthy sixth-generation crewed combat jet.

The Department of the Navy formally rolled out its Fiscal Year 2024 budget proposal, which also includes requested funding for the U.S. Marine Corps, earlier today. The F/A-XX request is a clear standout that is worth delving into deeper, but first here is a brief overview of other notable aviation and air-launched munition program developments contained in the proposed budget.

The Department, as a whole, is seeking funds to acquire 88 fixed-wing aircraft and helicopters:

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/navys-secretive-f-a-xx-combat-jet-gets-big-funding-in-new-budget
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson