Author Topic: Ukraine war: Florida Governor Ron DeSantis invited to visit after remarks  (Read 2894 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Entitlement reform, while necessary, is going to be a very tough and unpopular sell. It’s going be an even tougher sell while money is being spent on Ukraine

@LMAO

Horse Hillary! The people on government entitlements,as a general rule,don't give a damn  about Ukraine or anything else other than their "free money".
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
You don't know that.

@Timber Rattler

Yes,I do. I spent 6 years in Special Forces and on Special Operations. MD's do NOT go on combat operations.

Offline LMAO

@LMAO

Horse Hillary! The people on government entitlements,as a general rule,don't give a damn  about Ukraine or anything else other than their "free money".

Huh?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Clever move by the Ukrainians. Also, rather than getting nasty and defensive about it, they used respectful phrasing that noted his military experience. 

Did you really expect Zelensky would say: "Stop by so we can get you on the laundry schedule".    :laugh:

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
@Timber Rattler

Yes,I do. I spent 6 years in Special Forces and on Special Operations. MD's do NOT go on combat operations.

You still don't know what he may or may not have done in service.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
@Timber Rattler

Yes, I do. I spent 6 years in Special Forces and on Special Operations. MD's do NOT go on combat operations.

You're right -- he almost certainly did not because there is nothing on his uniform that would show he was personally and directly involved in active ground combat operations.  He's got a Bronze Star and Navy Comm but neither has a V.  However, he was stationed in Fallujah during the surge and directly involved with prisoner interrogations, etc., and likely heard gunfire more days than he did not.

So yeah, that's not the same as putting your ass out there on the front lines.  But it's also a lot more than just sitting at home fat, dumb, and happy in front of the TV, where you don't have to worry about IED's, snipers, or random shelling on the drive home from work.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
You still don't know what he may or may not have done in service.

@Timber Rattler

Yeah,I do. From personal experience in a special operations unit.

And you?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
So yeah, that's not the same as putting your ass out there on the front lines.  But it's also a lot more than just sitting at home fat, dumb, and happy in front of the TV, where you don't have to worry about IED's, snipers, or random shelling on the drive home from work.

@Timber Rattler

I honestly hate to admit it,but there are still days when I miss the excitement.

Offline libertybele

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Maybe this will help; judge for yourself.

https://coffeeordie.com/Ron-DeSantis-Navy-SEAL/

https://www.operationmilitarykids.org/was-ron-desantis-a-navy-seal/

@libertybele

I am old and my eyes are not as good as they used to be.

Somebody PLEASE tell me that is not a Trident he is wearing on his uniform in that photo of him in cammies.

Offline libertybele

@libertybele

Somebody PLEASE tell me that is not a Trident he is wearing on his uniform in that photo of him in cammies.

It certainly appears so @sneakypete

---scroll down ---

https://www.the-sun.com/news/4458927/ron-desantis-iraq-war-navy-attorney-military/
« Last Edit: March 17, 2023, 01:28:54 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
@sneakypete

@libertybele

No, it definitely is not a Trident. 

It's not a very good picture, but it's a Navy FMF (Fleet Marine Force) badge, which Naval Officers can earn when attached to an FMF unit.  My Battalion/Regimental Surgeons had one.   My guess is that it probably relates to his time in Gitmo, although it could also have included Fallujah if the SEAL unit was under broader Marine command, or if he ever got dual-tasked to serve as an overflow JAG for the Marines in that same area.  But very likely Gitmo because you have to serve in a unit, and then pass some Marine-related tests which he very likely did.  One of those looks like this:

https://www.medalsofamerica.com/fleet-marine-force-badge-office-b109?gclid=CjwKCAjw_MqgBhAGEiwAnYOAesTVngqHphGB0sTyXVa8y5niEtKLXmDlvxi91Mfx_93lRPAB01AiLBoCPUwQAvD_BwE

For what it's worth, his SEAL Co, a Navy captain, apparently loved the guy.  Probably a very command-oriented guy as a JAG, which would have been valuable under the particular circumstances in Fallujah and Anbar.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2023, 02:01:59 am by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete

No, it definitely is not a Trident. 

It's not a very good picture, but it's a Navy FMF (Fleet Marine Force) badge, which Naval Officers can earn when attached to an FMF unit.

@Maj. Bill Martin

Thank you. My blood pressure almost went through  the roof when I saw that and mistakely indentified it as a Trident. I like him,and something like that would kill his future in politics.

For what it's worth, his SEAL Co, a Navy captain, apparently loved the guy.

I don't doubt it. DeSantis strikes me as a serious person that works  hard.

Probably a very command-oriented guy as a JAG, which would have been valuable under the particular circumstances in Fallujah and Anbar.

I agree.

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
@Timber Rattler

Yeah,I do. From personal experience in a special operations unit.

30 years ago or more?
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
30 years ago or more?

@Timber Rattler

Yeah. So what? I am not a betting man,but I would bet money that it is against Naval Regulations for ANYONE in the Navy to wear a SEAL Trident that isn't a qualified SEAL.

The Navy,of course not do anything to someone who is not in the Navy.

That is not saying that SEALS would do nothing if they caught someone unqualified wearing one.

Yeah,the Trident is a VERY big deal in the Navy,and people who  are qualified to wear it take it personal if they see someone unqualified wearing it.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
@txradioguy

Who are these posters,and where are they posting here? All *I* have ever seen  are  a couple of "peace at any cost/surrender monkeys."

@sneakypete

Twitter mainly. That's their domain.  Adam Kinzinger is their biggest mouth. It's the usual suspects all advocating for war and continued escalation of what we're doing in Ukraine i.e. sending money and arms without oversight.

Look up NAFO it will tell you what's up.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@sneakypete

Twitter mainly. That's their domain.  Adam Kinzinger is their biggest mouth. It's the usual suspects all advocating for war and continued escalation of what we're doing in Ukraine i.e. sending money and arms without oversight.

Yeah, I see that same batch of yahoos on Twitter, too.  Thanks for hooking me up with Helena Handbasket, she's tough!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Maybe this will help; judge for yourself.

https://coffeeordie.com/Ron-DeSantis-Navy-SEAL/

https://www.operationmilitarykids.org/was-ron-desantis-a-navy-seal/

It's a surface warfare officer officer badge. At some point during his navy career he qualified for a SWO as a staff officer which is what JAG officers are in any unit.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surface_warfare_insignia
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Yeah, I see that same batch of yahoos on Twitter, too.  Thanks for hooking me up with Helena Handbasket, she's tough!

She's a warrior and she's got her facts which the trolls anti gunners and pro abort types find out pretty quickly after tangling with her.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete

@txradioguy

Thanks,I went to twitter several years ago,and see no reason to return.

BTW,as long as American troops/pilots are not involved,*I* am 100 percent behind helping the Ukrainians destroy the Soviets by providing them with the weapons and other equipment they need .

IMNSHO,anyone who isn't is a fool.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2023, 09:41:56 pm by sneakypete »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
@txradioguy

Thanks,I went to twitter several years ago,and see no reason to return.

BTW,as long as American troops/pilots are not involved,*I* am 100 percent behind helping the Ukrainians destroy the Soviets by providing them with the weapons and other equipment they need .

IMNSHO,anyone who isn't is a fool.

@sneakypete

I want the people of Ukraine to win.  I don't support the graft and grift that Zelensky is running. We've got people struggling to make ends meet...vets living homeless on the streets and the billions we're giving Ukraine is being put to use to pay peoples pensions and fund their government. All with zero accountability or oversight. Meanwhile it's driving up our debt by printing money we don't have.

I don't like being told either support him or you're a Putin lover.

Anyone who knows me from 8 years ago during the 2015 primaries know how I feel about that kind of either or finger pointing.

I don't like us giving up our front line munitions armor and tech with no plan in place to replace the stores we're depleting in giving it to Ukraine. We currently don't have the production capabilities or production lines available to replenish what we're giving to Ukraine. We've got a hostile and aggressive China on the move and we're giving away munitions we need to fight them and we're not replacing them in the supply chain. That's suicide.

Ok rant over.  I'll get off my soapbox now.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
She's a warrior and she's got her facts which the trolls anti gunners and pro abort types find out pretty quickly after tangling with her.

She's far more patient with those idiots than I can be.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
She's far more patient with those idiots than I can be.

I've just started muting them. It's like 20 new ones crop up overnight.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I've just started muting them. It's like 20 new ones crop up overnight.

Same here.
I will NOT comply.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete

I want the people of Ukraine to win.  I don't support the graft and grift that Zelensky is running.

Who does? Then again,anyone who demands someone else in a shooting  war "Play by MY rules or I am going to take my ball and go home" is a fool in a "game" this serious.

We "Fight our enemies" with the tools available to us,which are not necessarily the "tools" we want,and ANYBODY from the west who wants to have a hissy-fit because the people doing the fighting and dying do not meet their standards for "perfection" is too stupid to be classified as a fool.

We ain't marrying Ukraine,we are just equipping them to destroy a mutual enemy.

@txradioguy
We've got people struggling to make ends meet...vets living homeless on the streets and the billions we're giving Ukraine is being put to use to pay peoples pensions and fund their government. All with zero accountability or oversight. Meanwhile it's driving up our debt by printing money we don't have.

Yeah,and public aid money and other benefits will be MUCH  more available if we allow the Neo-Soviets to conquer Ukraine and then move further into Europe once they catch their breath and regroup,right?

I have no idea what the numbers would be,but a weakened USSR that is defeated by a much smaller and weaker nation means we WILL have more money to spend on domestic issues.

However,we won't have this money in OUR lifetimes if we allow the Neo-Soviets to conquer Ukraine and them eventually move into Europe because our defense budget WILL go through the roof.

Ukraine defeating the neo-Soviets NOW and forcing them to return to Russia will save us a TON of money we would have otherwise had to spend on larger defense budgets,starting in the near future.

Not to mention make the world a safer place at the same time

I don't like being told either support him or you're a Putin lover.

Why? The end result is the same regardless of your intentions. We,and others in the west stop them now,or they WILL be planning on going into our European allies nations next. Communism can ONLY ""survive if they are the "Masters of the World".

Anyone who knows me from 8 years ago during the 2015 primaries know how I feel about that kind of either or finger pointing.

I don't like us giving up our front line munitions armor and tech with no plan in place to replace the stores we're depleting in giving it to Ukraine.

From what I have read and understand,we are NOT doing  that. What we are giving them is obsolete equipment that was,at best,"second line",and bordering on obsolete as well as being scheduled to scrap.

We currently don't have the production capabilities or production lines available to replenish what we're giving to Ukraine.

1: Yes,we do,if we want to do it. We haven't done it already because the left is in control of spending now,and they are using all our money to import illegal aliens and buy their votes with "free everything".

We've got a hostile and aggressive China on the move

The only thing China is on the move for is our manufacturing ability and assets,and thanks to the Dims and their RINO pals,they are being hugely successful. Hell,they  have even  bought up meat packing plants (Armour),disassembled them and shipped them to China for re-assembly. They are also making GM automatic transmissions,and had GM pay to build the plants and teach them how to do it.

and we're giving away munitions we need to fight them and we're not replacing them in the supply chain.

No,we are not.