Author Topic: Death In The Skies? Climate Change Is NOT Making Flying More Dangerous  (Read 273 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WRITTEN BY H. STERLING BURNETT, PH.D. ON MAR 14, 2023. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

Death In The Skies? Climate Change Is NOT Making Flying More Dangerous

The Business Insider posted a story recently claiming that climate change is making air turbulence more severe, threatening the safety of air passengers. This is false.

There is no evidence linking changes in the jet stream or air turbulence to climate change. [emphasis, links added]

In fact, even as ridership and passenger miles have increased, the in-flight injury trend attributable to turbulence has remained relatively flat during the period of modest warming.

In the Business Insider story, titled “Climate change is making plane turbulence worse, and it could make flights bumpier and more expensive,” writer Crystal Raypoe writes:

https://climatechangedispatch.com/death-in-the-skies-climate-change-is-not-making-flying-more-dangerous/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I wonder what , if any, effect windfarms have?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Death In The Skies? Climate Change Is NOT Making Flying More Dangerous

Probably not, but Climate Change Panic sure is.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online mountaineer

"Equity" hiring - whether of pilots, maintenance crews or air traffic controllers - makes flying more dangerous.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

Blame America's Air Traffic Control System for Your Flight Delay
In countries that privatized, there are fewer delays and costs are lower. But labor unions and the private plane lobby stand in the way.
John Stossel | 3.15.2023 3:05 PM

Your flight is delayed? Blame your government.

OK, it's not always government's fault. Sometimes it's weather or mechanical problems. But often we suffer horrible flight delays because politicians won't relinquish power.

In January, flights were grounded when the government's "Notice to Air Missions" system broke down. That was just the latest incident.

America rightly prides itself on being on the cutting edge of innovation. But it's the private sector that innovates. Government rarely does.

Asked if America's air traffic control system is out of date, Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg paused a long time before answering, "The system is continuously being upgraded."

But the government's been "upgrading" air traffic control for decades, promising to switch to a "NextGen" system that uses satellite navigation. But implementation keeps being postponed. Now the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) won't even say when NextGen might be done. ... Reason
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org