Author Topic: Do you listen to podcasts? Any recommendations?  (Read 4780 times)

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Do you listen to podcasts? Any recommendations?
« on: March 15, 2023, 11:07:17 am »
Don’t know if anyone here listens to podcasts or not, but it seems to me so many people I know in real life listen to podcasts instead of the radio.

Do you listen to podcasts and if you do any recommendations?

G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Re: Do you listen to podcasts? Any recommendations?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2023, 11:08:13 am »
I’ve been listening to a French podcast from Duolingo. It’s helping me in my quest to learn to speak French
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2023, 11:41:19 am »
I listen to lots of them. Right now my favorites (political) are “The A.M. Update” and “The Victor Davis Hanson Show”.
I also listen to a plethora of religion-based podcasts. “Conversations That Matter”, “Issues, Etc”, “Grace to You: Pulpit Podcast” and “A Word Fitly Spoken” to name a few.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2024, 07:27:15 pm »
I listen to lots of them. Right now my favorites (political) are “The A.M. Update” and “The Victor Davis Hanson Show”.
I also listen to a plethora of religion-based podcasts. “Conversations That Matter”, “Issues, Etc”, “Grace to You: Pulpit Podcast” and “A Word Fitly Spoken” to name a few.

My favorite is Michael Berry. He's the closest thing we have to Rush now.

https://www.iheart.com/podcast/44-the-michael-berry-show-27764850/episode/it-was-a-big-day-for-162281919/

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2024, 10:07:34 pm »
I’ve been listening to a French podcast from Duolingo. It’s helping me in my quest to learn to speak French

Out of curiosity @Gefn, why do you want to learn to speak French as opposed to Spanish??

French is a beautiful language and I took it in high school.  I used to be fairly fluent; reading and understanding better than being able to speak the language.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2024, 10:25:44 pm »
The only podcast that I have listened to on occasion is The Verdict with Ted Cruz -- I don't even know if it's airing anymore.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2024, 10:41:42 pm »
Out of curiosity @Gefn, why do you want to learn to speak French as opposed to Spanish??

Why Spanish? French would do me more good. I am far more likely to run into a French speaking Canuck than a Mexican...

Online roamer_1

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2024, 10:47:37 pm »
I listen to a ton of em... though not really in the podcast/radio format. Most of em have a yootoob show, so I tend to watch em there. Religious stuff mostly in the daytime, and bushcraft/homesteader/farmer stuff at night... though the bushcraft/homsteader/farmer stuff is more vloggy/presentational.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2024, 10:48:56 pm »
I listen to Ben Shapiro from time to time.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2024, 11:15:17 pm »
Deb,

Searching on AM Update, there were at least six of them.  Are you referring to the one with Aaron McIntyre?

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2024, 11:40:31 pm »
I listen occasionally to Dan Bongino's podcast.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #11 on: Today at 12:22:43 am »
Why Spanish? French would do me more good. I am far more likely to run into a French speaking Canuck than a Mexican...

In FL - Spanish is a mandatory subject that has to be taken in in order to graduate high school.  Lots of laborers; roofers, plumbers, electricians, pest control, lawn maintenance, are predominately Spanish speaking. Whether or not they are here ILLEGALLY is unknown.  I used to flat out ask the contractor if all of his employees were here legally. Now I just wait to see who they send out.  If I call a company and the receptionist has a Spanish accent, I pass. I have had people come to my door after I've hired them, expecting English speaking workers only to find them speaking Spanish and unable to communicate in English.  I have had to call a few companies and fire them.

Maybe I am too crass but this is America.  We speak English. If you come to work on my property, you need to be able to communicate.   :patriot:
« Last Edit: Today at 12:24:18 am by libertybele »