Author Topic: Federal judge to Biden’s DHS: End mass parole of illegal aliens  (Read 116 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Federal judge to Biden’s DHS: End mass parole of illegal aliens
Story by Hans von Spakovsky, Lora Ries, Steve Bradbury • Yesterday 3:07 PM

In a scathing opinion on Wednesday that questions the credibility of the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. District Court Judge T. Kent Wetherell II for the Northern District of Florida has ordered a stop to the Biden administration’s “Parole Plus Alternatives to Detention” (“Parole+ATD”) policy that has been illegally releasing hundreds of thousands of aliens into the U.S., concluding that it violates the Administrative Procedure Act, which governs rulemaking by federal agencies.

In Florida v. U.S., the state of Florida is claiming that the DHS is violating the mandatory detention required in federal immigration law by releasing aliens “en masse through various, non-detention policies, including the Parole+ATD policy and the exercise of ‘prosecutorial discretion.’” The Biden administration claims it has “the discretion not to detain aliens, notwithstanding the mandatory language” of federal law.

Parole+ATD is the Biden administration’s name for one of its many parole programs under its general “catch and release” policy, which the Obama administration also used, but which President Donald Trump ended.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/federal-judge-to-biden-s-dhs-end-mass-parole-of-illegal-aliens/ar-AA18CWjS?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=4759dbcbd6374e528c38ee08f97cd5da&ei=374
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson