Author Topic: Flashback: Biden claims to have been arrested on Senate floor when he was 21 years old  (Read 337 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
March 14, 2023 3:03pm EDT
Flashback: Biden claims to have been arrested on Senate floor when he was 21 years old
Biden has a history of falsely claiming he was arrested

By Houston Keene | Fox News

President Biden has made many false claims throughout his decades-long political career, including one about being "arrested" when he was 21 years old for sitting in the Senate presiding officer's chair illegally, which he would contradict two years later.

A 2007 interview Biden gave with comedian David Letterman is circulating on social media after being reposted in the wake of Fox News’ Tucker Carlson’s publication of Capitol footage from the Jan. 6 riots.

In the interview, Letterman asked the Delaware Democratic senator what it was like walking into the Senate chamber in his 20s.

"You know, I walked in when I was 21, and I got arrested," Biden claimed. "It was a Saturday. I was down visiting some friends from Georgetown University.

"And I came up on a Saturday morning because I was fascinated with the Senate, and they had a Saturday session," Biden added. "I walked up — those days no guards stopping you everywhere — and they just got out of session. I walked in the back, and, all of the sudden, I found myself in the chamber, and I was stunned.

"I walked up, sat down in the presiding officer’s seat," Biden added. "Guy grabbed me by the shoulder and said, ‘You’re under arrest!’"

https://twitter.com/KanekoaTheGreat/status/1635399107933249538

Biden’s claim of being arrested at 21 for illegally entering the Senate floor and sitting in the presiding officer’s chair has been contradicted by the president himself, as some have pointed out online.

In his January 2009 farewell address to the Senate, two years after saying on national television he was "arrested" for illegally entering the Senate chamber, Biden said he was not arrested when he was 21.

"Literally, I walked in, and I walked in down here, and I came through those doors. I walked into the chamber and the lights were still on and I was awestruck, literally awestruck. I don’t know what in God’s name made me do it, but I walked up, I say to my friend from Arkansas, and I sat in the presiding officer’s chair. I was mesmerized," Biden said in his speech.

"The next thing I know, I feel this hand on my shoulder and the Capitol policeman picks me up and says, ‘What are you doing?’ Biden added. "After a few moments, he realized I was just a dumbstruck kid. He didn’t arrest me or anything.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/flashback-biden-claims-arrested-senate-floor-21-years-old
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
This is a new one for me..I don't think I have heard this *story* before...but he has been arrested so many times I have lost count........./s
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

This is a new one for me..I don't think I have heard this *story* before...but he has been arrested so many times I have lost count........./s
Before or after Selma? Or was it South Africa? Wilmington?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Corn Pop came to the Capitol looking for revenge, and Sniffy had to kick his a** again, hence his arrest. Pow pow pow pow!
The Republic is lost.

Online LMAO

Usually dementia affects short term memory. I personally have not known any dementia pts that fabricate past experiences but Biden may be my first
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy