Author Topic: San Francisco reparations idea: $5 million per Black person  (Read 681 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
San Francisco reparations idea: $5 million per Black person
« on: March 14, 2023, 08:01:43 pm »
San Francisco reparations idea: $5 million per Black person
By JANIE HAR

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — Payments of $5 million to every eligible Black adult, the elimination of personal debt and tax burdens, guaranteed annual incomes of at least $97,000 for 250 years and homes in San Francisco for just $1 a family.

These are just some of the recommendations made by a city-appointed reparations committee tasked with a thorny question: What would it take to atone for the centuries of U.S. slavery and generations of systemic racism that continue to keep Black Americans on the bottom rungs of health, education and economic prosperity, and overrepresented in prisons and homeless populations?

A first hearing before the city’s Board of Supervisors on Tuesday could offer a glimpse of the board’s appetite for advancing a reparations plan that would be unmatched nationwide in specificity and breadth. Critics have slammed it as financially and politically impossible. One conservative analyst estimated that each non-Black family in the city would have to pay at least $600,000.

Some supervisors have said San Francisco can’t afford any major reparations payments right now, given the city’s deep deficit amid a tech industry downturn, but they still want to discuss the proposals and consider future solutions. The board can vote to change, adopt or reject any or all the recommendations.

But reparations committee members consider their results to be an accurate estimate of what it would take to begin to repair the enduring damage of slavery and discrimination, and they bristle at the idea that they should figure out how to pay for it.

more
https://apnews.com/article/san-francisco-black-reparations-5-million-36899f7974c751950a8ce0e444f86189?utm_source=homepage&utm_medium=TopNews&utm_campaign=position_07
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Re: San Francisco reparations idea: $5 million per Black person
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2023, 08:37:51 pm »
If this stupid idea is actually put into practice, J.G. Wentworth will be rich as sin - as well plenty of drug dealers - the erstwhile recipients of this largesse will still be poor and stupid as sin, and the S.F. taxpayers will be left holding the bag to continue making payments to J.G. Wentworth.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2023, 08:50:31 pm »
It would be a death sentence to all involved. The Blacks would be attacking and killing the other Blacks to get their money. Blacks would be using insane amounts of Crack until they kill themselves. Any so called 'reparations' would only be massive chaos ... Statewide.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2023, 09:08:41 pm »
How about SF grants each black person $5.0 Million, then taxes them $5.1 Million for a "Finder's Fee?"
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline LMAO

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2023, 12:59:33 am »
I actually want to see them implement this

They have no way to pay for it
« Last Edit: March 18, 2023, 01:11:27 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2023, 01:39:00 am »
These are just some of the recommendations made by a city-appointed reparations committee tasked with a thorny question: What would it take to atone for the centuries of U.S. slavery {Bullshit. Slavery in the United States existed for less than 100 years: 1776 to 1865 is not "centuries"} and generations of systemic racism that continue to keep Black Americans on the bottom rungs of health, education and economic prosperity, and over-represented in prisons and homeless populations?
Apparently some Black Americans are just completely unaffected by all that systemic racism holding them down. Oprah Winfrey, Clarence Thomas, Barrack Obama, Ben Carson, Colin Powell, and others managed just fine. George Washington Carver had demonstrated, as had dozens of other notable achievers that doing, not whining is the key to success, just the same as it is for people of any color.
While 'generational wealth' is a nice springboard for some, most of that is gone by the 2nd or 3rd generation, so there are no guarantees anyone is going to start out any better than the next person, and some of the most successful started with little more than an idea and built on that--and built empires in a generation.
You want education? Go to the Library and learn.
You want success? Work hard, learn how to make the fruits of your labors work for you, and don't piss them away on trinkets and superficialities. If only I had known then what I know now.

But beyond the money, wealth is more than just stuff, it's family, it's that next generation with one or two inspired to carry a torch forward for the benefit of all, not just every man for himself.

Iron bars do not a prison make nor chains a captive. Until those who claim to suffer from bondage free themselves from the notion that their success depends on anyone but themselves (and perhaps The Almighty), they will not be free, and no amount of money will ever change that.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2023, 03:01:13 am »
I actually want to see them implement this

They have no way to pay for it

This is exactly how it will go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8LroCgg3uc

Offline LMAO

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2023, 05:17:29 pm »
This is exactly how it will go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8LroCgg3uc

That’s funny

But seriously, I want to watch them live on C-SPAN with a huge bag of popcorn as they attempt to hand out all this money that they promised to give but they don’t have
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy