Author Topic: I’m Not Saying I’m a Hero, but I Did Watch the Oscars So You Didn’t Have to.. Derek Hunter  (Read 250 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I’m Not Saying I’m a Hero, but I Did Watch the Oscars So You Didn’t Have to
Derek Hunter

I’m a part of a shrinking breed of Americans who love movies and watch the Oscars. There are fewer movies every year to love, and the Oscars haven’t been insufferable crap since I finished puberty, but I still watch just in case they accidentally don’t suck. They never do.

That being said, it does bother me that an industry that has such potential to entertain and inspire now spends its time preaching and harassing. I haven’t seen a Best Picture winner since 2015, and only 6 winners since 2001. From the previous 20 years I’ve seen all but 5, almost a complete reversal. And I’m not talking about “at the time,” but since they’ve been out.

I have zero interest in seeing most of the winners recently, or even the nominees. The percentage of nominees I’ve seen is even lower than the winners.

Why? Because these movies are boring. I can’t say they suck because I haven’t seen them, but the subject matter is boring. I couldn’t care less about the latest “trans” movie or “victim of color” movie a bunch of blowhard critics have deemed to be “important” or a bunch of millionaires demand I care about. I’m not a “transphobe,” as the suffix “phobe” means fear, I’m “trans-I-Couldn’t-Care-Less.”

more
https://townhall.com/columnists/derekhunter/2023/03/14/im-not-saying-im-a-hero-but-i-did-watch-the-oscars-so-you-didnt-have-to-n2620542
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

Because these movies are boring. I can’t say they suck because I haven’t seen them, but the subject matter is boring. I couldn’t care less about the latest “trans” movie or “victim of color” movie a bunch of blowhard critics have deemed to be “important” or a bunch of millionaires demand I care about.
I can count on one hand the number of movies I've seen in theatres over the past 15 or 20 years. I have no interest in seeing people flying through the air in slow motion, deafening explosions with more people flying through the air in slow motion, cartoon action superhero/supervillain figures, or the "victim of color" movies he describes. I can tell from the ads and trailers I see on TV that these latest movies will be boring, and with the price of movie theatre tickets these days, why bother?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
I read that the movie that won "Best Adapted Screenplay" over "Top Gun 2" was something called "Women Talking".

Can't believe I missed that one.  Although to be fair, I wouldn't be interested in watching a movie called "Men Talking" either.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Sometimes you just have to take it for the team.
The Republic is lost.

Offline LMAO

My autistic son loves going to movies. So it’s something I get to do with him in the winter when he can’t go fishing

But I’m mostly fall asleep in theaters, anyways
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy