Author Topic: The media ignore Democrats in Congress stepping on freedom of speech  (Read 109 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The media ignore Democrats in Congress stepping on freedom of speech
By Miranda Devine
March 12, 2023 10:20pm  Updated

Last week, Congress and the federal government stomped on press freedom and the press said nothing.

Four watershed events lead to the inescapable conclusion that the entire Democratic Party and parts of the GOP have become the enemy of free speech and, astonishingly, they are aided and abetted by the most prestigious brands in news media, that have become tools of oppression, rather than defenders of the First Amendment.

1. Democrats in Congress tried to force a journalist to reveal his sources.

Nowhere more sickening was the Democratic Party’s lockstep defense of censorship than in Thursday’s hearing of the House “Weaponization of Government” subcommittee.

Independent liberal journalists Matt Taibbi and Michael Shellenberger were asked to testify about the censorship regime imposed by the federal government, academia, NGOs and Twitter, as revealed in the Twitter Files.

For their trouble they were slimed and threatened by Democrats.

https://nypost.com/2023/03/12/the-media-ignore-democrats-in-congress-stepping-on-freedom-of-speech/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline LMAO

Re: The media ignore Democrats in Congress stepping on freedom of speech
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2023, 02:57:41 pm »
That’s because the media believes as long as they’ve print compliant stories, the current regime will spare them
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy