Author Topic: Families of Connecticut victims outraged after state commutes 44 murder sentences: 'Outrageous' Stat  (Read 268 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
CONNECTICUT Published March 13, 2023 2:00pm EDT
Families of Connecticut victims outraged after state commutes 44 murder sentences: 'Outrageous'
State senator says parole board shaved 67 years off a 95-year sentence in one case
By Bailee Hill | Fox News

44 murderers receive commuted sentences under Democratic governor's policy
Republican Connecticut State Senator Heather Somers and mother of murder victim Audrey Carlson discuss criminal justice reform that allows murderers to have sentences commuted.

Families of Connecticut crime victims are outraged after 44 murderers had their sentences commuted, accusing the Board of Pardons and Paroles of amending its policy to favor the state's most violent criminals.

Critics of the commutation surge have argued the spike in sentence reduction "re-victimizes" families who chose to accept plea bargains in order to avoid the emotional and mental toll of a lengthy trial.

Audrey Carlson, who lost her daughter Elizabeth after she was murdered more than two decades ago, joined "Fox & Friends First" Monday to discuss her concerns over the policy and why the commutations are "outrageous."

https://www.foxnews.com/media/families-connecticut-victims-outraged-state-commutes-44-murder-sentences-outrageous
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Who voted for the liberalism that caused this to happen?  I'll bet many of the victims' families did.  Who says elections don't have consequences? :pondering:
« Last Edit: March 14, 2023, 02:32:43 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
You voted for it, so eat it. Here, let me help it down with the heel of my boot I save for smirky woke punks.
The Republic is lost.

Offline verga

In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
It boggles the imagination that people would purposely  vote for Dims,and then be surprised when the Dims do what Dims do,and destroy any increases in income they were promised with higher interest rates?

WHY isn't it obvious to everyone by now that the DNC is dedicated to turning America into "The USSR,Part2" by destroying our economy as an excuse to move everyone into goverment housing in mega-cities so they can better control us?

They will control us by controlling the businesses they are ALLOWED to work for,owning the apartments we are ALLOWED to live in,ALL of our medical care,including who gets it and what they get,and controlling EVERYTHING we see and hear from the media.

These fools vote for leftist candidates,and are going to be genuinely surprised when they wake up one day  and realize they are not even people anymore with  rights and guaranteed privileges, but are now slaves of the state.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2023, 04:48:28 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!