Author Topic: Pathetic. Really pathetic  (Read 132 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pathetic. Really pathetic
« on: March 14, 2023, 02:21:29 pm »
Pathetic. Really pathetic
David Strom 8:01 AM on March 14, 2023

I have never been in either the “always-Trump” or “never-Trump” camps. After many years of either watching politics or participating directly in them, I concluded that politics is transactional.

Politicians want power, and we need certain things to be done. It isn’t a love affair or a marriage. It’s a loose contract with a service provider who likely won’t deliver what they promise, but may still leave you better off than you would be if you contracted with somebody else.

If you fall in love with a politician, chances are you are a sucker. You can love what they do for you, but never fall in love with them.

They certainly aren’t in love with you. You are a vote or a contributor, not a buddy.

I was extremely skeptical of Trump when he ran in 2016, and feared that he would betray his voters once elected. I was wrong about that. He actually was a very good president despite the vicious attacks and obstructionism he was forced to endure. I enthusiastically voted for him in 2020, even though I never warmed up to his personality.

But ever since losing the 2020 election, Trump has become a smaller and smaller figure. Trump’s entire persona is that he is a winner, and he hasn’t been able to digest the fact that he lost. Losing in itself isn’t shameful, but clearly it sticks in his craw and has prevented him from forging a forward-looking path.

So he is flailing. And it is a bad look.

more
https://hotair.com/david-strom/2023/03/14/pathetic-really-pathetic-n536786
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Lando Lincoln

Re: Pathetic. Really pathetic
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2023, 02:34:09 pm »
Perfect
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck