Author Topic: Joe Biden Recalls the First Time He Saw a Gay Couple — and the 'Simple' Way His Dad Explained Their  (Read 583 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Joe Biden Recalls the First Time He Saw a Gay Couple — and the 'Simple' Way His Dad Explained Their Love
Story by Kyler Alvord • Yesterday 12:09 PM

Joe Biden is making his first appearance on The Daily Show since taking office as the president of the United States — and weighing in on attacks against LGBTQ+ Americans — sitting down with actor and former Obama administration staffer Kal Penn for a segment airing Monday night.

In a preview of the White House interview released Monday morning, guest host Penn — who is engaged to his longtime boyfriend — asks President Biden how he came to be a vocal supporter of marriage equality.

"I can remember exactly when my epiphany was," Biden responds in the clip. "I hadn't thought much about it, to tell you the truth. I was a senior in high school and my dad was dropping me off ... [I was] about to get out of the car and I look to my right, and two well-dressed men in suits kissed each other."

The president continues: "I turned and looked at my dad, and he said, 'Joey, it's simple, they love each other.' ... It's just that simple. It doesn't matter whether it's same-sex or a heterosexual couple, you should be able to be married. What is the problem?"

more
https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/lifestyle-buzz/joe-biden-recalls-the-first-time-he-saw-a-gay-couple-and-the-simple-way-his-dad-explained-their-love/ar-AA18zvs5?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=218e4d52dc064b98af08c437e94fd9bf&ei=22
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

"I turned and looked at my dad, and he said, 'Joey, it's simple, they love each other.' ... It's just that simple. It doesn't matter whether it's same-sex or a heterosexual couple, you should be able to be married. What is the problem?"
As I've often said, he is completely incapable of telling the truth about anything. This did not happen around 1959 or 1960. It just didn't.

https://twitter.com/tomselliott/status/1635603660917948416
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Once again Joe proves he is full of more shit than a Christmas Goose.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mountaineer

How long did Biden oppose the legalization of so-called gay marriage? He sure wasn't for it in 1960 - nor for several decades thereafter.

Offline LMAO

Biden has got to be one of the worst when it comes to pandering

None of his stories are even remotely believable
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline BellyAche

I can't remotely imagine a father from that era saying such a thing to his son about homosexual partners/marriage. And in Scranton, PA!!!!??  Biden is creating a cartoon strip that's all his own!!!
Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. - Theodore Roosevelt

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Just more 'old man stories' from the octogenarian. He cannot grasp what is happening around him today, in real time. His 'memories' from over half a century ago are just mixed up stories coming from something he heard once upon a time, from who knows who. Whomever?

The guy was a White KKK supporter all his life, until Obama picked him for VP. Then he suddenly claims to be a gay, Puerto Rican Jew who grew up in a Black neighborhood. Joe NEVER supported desegregation. In fact he fought against it with all his might. And he certainly NEVER supported anything homosexual or trans.

He was just a typical White Democrat Union bigot, like most of the country was in Biden's era. Archie Bunker would have voted for him.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2023, 05:53:38 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Kamaji

Wow.  What a load of bullsh*t.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden Claims He Started Supporting Same-Sex Marriage In High School. History Says Otherwise

excerpt:

“And I’ll never forget, I turned and looked at my dad, he said, Joe, it is simple. They love each other. It is simple. I’m not joking. It is simple. They love each other. And it has never been — it has never been — it is just that simple. It doesn’t matter whether it is same-sex or heterosexual couple. You should be able to be married,” Biden added.

Biden opposed same-sex marriage for decades to come as a senator and then as vice president.

Biden voted in favor of the Defense of Marriage Act in 1996, which defined marriage as between one man and one woman.

He said he was opposed to former President George W. Bush amending the Constitution to define marriage as between a man and a woman, but referenced his support for the Defense of Marriage Act to do so.

“We already have a law, the Defense of Marriage Act, we’ve all voted, not, or I voted and others and said, ‘Look, marriage is between a man and a woman, and states must respect that. Nobody’s violated that law; there’s been no challenge to that law; why do we need a constitutional amendment? Marriage is between a man and a woman,” Biden said in a 2006 interview.

In a 2008 vice presidential debate, Biden declared he would not be in favor of supporting same-sex marriage.

“No. Barack Obama nor I support redefining from a civil side what constitutes marriage,” Biden said at the time.

Biden publicly changed his tune on same-sex marriage in 2012, when he made remarks that went outside of Barack Obama’s views.

“I am absolutely comfortable with the fact that men marrying men, women marrying women, and heterosexual men and women marrying another are entitled to the same exact rights, all the civil rights, all the civil liberties,” Biden said at the time. “Who do you love? And will you be loyal to the person you love? And that’s what people are finding out is what all marriages, at their root, are about, whether they’re marriages of lesbians or gay men or heterosexuals.”

more
https://dailycaller.com/2023/03/14/biden-sex-marriage-high-school-senior-two-men-kiss-delaware/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

"He had that epiphany in high school and then voted for the Defense of Marriage Act a few decades later." (Video]

https://mobile.twitter.com/greg_price11/status/1635681586787102735

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Biden Claims He Started Supporting Same-Sex Marriage In High School. History Says Otherwise

excerpt:

more
https://dailycaller.com/2023/03/14/biden-sex-marriage-high-school-senior-two-men-kiss-delaware/

Biden has never been one to hold on to any of his beliefs. Whichever way the wind blows at any given moment you will find joe new convictions to hold dear to his soulless heart.. 

Offline LMAO

Our country is currently a ship without a captain
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online berdie

As I've often said, he is completely incapable of telling the truth about anything. This did not happen around 1959 or 1960. It just didn't.

That's the truth! I also have doubts that a father from that era would respond in that manner. Gay just wasn't cool during that time.

Online mountaineer

That's the truth! I also have doubts that a father from that era would respond in that manner. Gay just wasn't cool during that time.
Not to mention no one used the word "gay" in that context!

Online berdie

I miss the verbiage of good old days. :laugh:

Online mountaineer

Yeah, they had other words for a fegelah back then.

Online Wingnut

Two letters are correct but the order is wrong unless reversed.

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
Once again Joe proves he is full of more shit than a Christmas Goose.
888high58888

Online mountaineer