Author Topic: Biden: ‘We Can Get Rid of Coal Much More Rapidly’ and I’ve Banned Offshore Drilling, But We Do Need  (Read 709 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden: ‘We Can Get Rid of Coal Much More Rapidly’ and I’ve Banned Offshore Drilling, But We Do Need Fossil Fuels

Ian Hanchett 13 Mar 2023

During an interview with Comedy Central’s “Daily Show” released on Monday, President Joe Biden bragged that his administration is “going faster than anyone’s ever gone” on climate and that he has barred offshore oil drilling, but acknowledged that we will “need fossil fuels for at least the next ten years.” Biden also stated that “we can get rid of coal much more rapidly.”

Host Kal Penn asked, “You’re also responsible for reviewing drilling and oil production. What would you say to those young people who want you to continue to be their champion, but might not think that you’re going far enough or fast enough on climate?”

Biden responded, “Well, first of all, we’re going faster than anyone’s ever gone. We’re going to need fossil fuels for at least the next ten years. It’s not like tomorrow, we can turn it all off, number one. And so, in addition to that, things got really complicated when Putin put 185,000 forces into Ukraine and [had] a profound impact on their energy, ability to keep the heat on in the winter, and keep things moving. And so, we’re going to need fossil fuel. What we have to do is we have to — I’ve said, no more drilling off of our ocean — a whole range, but there still has to be the ability to generate some energy. But we can get rid of coal much more rapidly. And by the way, for example, I was up in Massachusetts, one of the largest coal-producing electric facilities in the nation, well, guess what? We hooked it up to wind technology. And so, now, it’s cheaper. We can do solar, we can do wind cheaper than we can do fossil fuels. So, it’s a matter of transitioning. But it’s not like you can cut everything off immediately.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/03/13/biden-we-can-get-rid-of-coal-much-more-rapidly-and-ive-banned-offshore-drilling-but-we-do-need-fossil-fuels/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

What an epic disaster in the making.

We will need fossil fuels for the foreseeable future - how else are all those EVs going to be charged up every night?  It's not as if we've been approving any new nuclear power plants lately.

Online mountaineer

We need to get rid of Biden and the climate wackos rapidly.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
What an epic disaster in the making.

We will need fossil fuels for the foreseeable future - how else are all those EVs going to be charged up every night?  It's not as if we've been approving any new nuclear power plants lately.

Even in futuristic societies there will be "seed" energy that will likely be comprimised of hypo-thermal, hydroelectic, hydrocarbon or nuclear sources. 

We've known since 1845, that the laws of thermodynamics are cast in stone.  And certain energy sources, even untraditional like low catch, and yield solar, and wind can not be isolated and concentrated enough to power high usage applications.

There will be a day technologically that we will have much less reliance on these, but the envio-whackos pipe dreams are exceedingly laughable.   I promise there will never be a day in any of our lives where an F-16 is built reaching Mach 2, with anything that is not hydrocarbon based.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline LMAO

We need to get rid of Biden and the climate wackos rapidly.

:yowsa:
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Kamaji

Even in futuristic societies there will be "seed" energy that will likely be comprimised of hypo-thermal, hydroelectic, hydrocarbon or nuclear sources. 

We've known since 1845, that the laws of thermodynamics are cast in stone.  And certain energy sources, even untraditional like low catch, and yield solar, and wind can not be isolated and concentrated enough to power high usage applications.

There will be a day technologically that we will have much less reliance on these, but the envio-whackos pipe dreams are exceedingly laughable.   I promise there will never be a day in any of our lives where an F-16 is built reaching Mach 2, with anything that is not hydrocarbon based.

Yup.  And not in the days of our children, either.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"biden: ‘We Can Get Rid of Coal Much More Rapidly’ and I’ve Banned Offshore Drilling"

Once more, very appropriate: