Author Topic: Chasten Buttigieg Rages at Mike Pence over Paternity Leave Joke  (Read 348 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Chasten Buttigieg Rages at Mike Pence over Paternity Leave Joke

Paul Bois 14 Mar 2023

Chasten Buttigieg, the husband of Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg, raged at former Vice President Mike Pence after he joked about the couple going on paternity leave in 2021.

Over the weekend, Mike Pence drew ire from critics after he joked at the Gridiron dinner for journalists in Washington, DC, that Buttigieg had taken “maternity leave” in 2021.

Citing the recent travel disruptions with Southwest Airlines, Pence said the transportation secretary “is the only person in human history to have a child and everyone else gets postpartum depression.”

“An honest question for you after your attempted joke this weekend. If your grandchild was born prematurely and placed on a ventilator at two months old ― their tiny fingers wrapped around yours as the monitors beep in the background ― where would you be?” Chasten Buttigieg said in a tweet.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/03/14/chasten-buttigieg-rages-at-mike-pence-over-paternity-leave-joke/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Re: Chasten Buttigieg Rages at Mike Pence over Paternity Leave Joke
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2023, 01:26:53 pm »
Snowflake.  I'd be doing my job and making accommodations to see my child, whom I would expect my non-employed spouse to be taking care of.  I wouldn't ghost on my position as a cabinet level federal employee for several months.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2023, 01:29:23 pm »
 Jean-Pierre calls for Pence to apologize for Buttigieg, postpartum depression jokes
by Alex Gangitano - 03/13/23 12:50 PM ET

White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre on Monday called for former Vice President Mike Pence to apologize for the jokes he made about Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg’s paternity leave and using postpartum depression as a “punchline.”

Pence said that Buttigieg took “maternity” leave and everyone else got “postpartum depression” in his absence during the annual Gridiron dinner for journalists on Saturday in Washington.

Jean-Pierre slammed the former vice president for the remarks that she said were homophobic and inappropriate.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/3897925-jean-pierre-calls-for-pence-to-apologize-for-buttigieg-postpartum-depression-jokes/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2023, 01:30:53 pm »
Citing the recent travel disruptions with Southwest Airlines, Pence said the transportation secretary “is the only person in human history to have a child and everyone else gets postpartum depression.”

Now that is funny right there!... I don't care if you are a chest feeder!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2023, 01:31:47 pm »
Jean-Pierre calls for Pence to apologize for Buttigieg, postpartum depression jokes

White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre on Monday called for former Vice President Mike Pence to apologize for the jokes he made about Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg’s paternity leave and using postpartum depression as a “punchline.”

Pence said that Buttigieg took “maternity” leave and everyone else got “postpartum depression” in his absence during the annual Gridiron dinner for journalists on Saturday in Washington.

Jean-Pierre slammed the former vice president for the remarks that she said were homophobic and inappropriate.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/3897925-jean-pierre-calls-for-pence-to-apologize-for-buttigieg-postpartum-depression-jokes/

No, they were funny.  And they were accurate, given that Butt-gig ghosted on his federal cabinet-level position for several months.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2023, 01:31:53 pm »
If you don't want to be mocked, Mayor Pete, don't crawl into a hospital bed with your sweetie and your two purchased children, pretend you just gave birth to them, have someone take your picture, and then post it to social media.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline verga

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2023, 06:15:17 pm »
Snowflake.  I'd be doing my job and making accommodations to see my child, whom I would expect my non-employed spouse to be taking care of.  I wouldn't ghost on my position as a cabinet level federal employee for several months.
:amen:
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline verga

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2023, 06:16:45 pm »

more
Right after Butt buster nd Biden apologizes for F%$KING up the country
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online goatprairie

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2023, 08:18:49 pm »
As the saying goes, attributed to Voltaire, to find out who rules over you, find out who you are not allowed to criticize.