Author Topic: Jet-Setting Michael Bloomberg Spending Millions To Ban Your Gas Stove  (Read 127 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WRITTEN BY ROBERT BRYCE ON MAR 13, 2023. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

Jet-Setting Michael Bloomberg Spending Millions To Ban Your Gas Stove

bloomberg and his jetBack in 1989, during her trial for tax evasion, one of Leona Helmsley’s former employees quoted her as saying “We don’t pay taxes. Only the little people pay taxes.”

Helmsley was a super-rich New Yorker who richly deserved her title: the “Queen of Mean.” As reported by Forbes, “In her heyday, she was as big as Donald Trump or Kim Kardashian.” After a trial that generated enormous media attention, Helmsley was convicted of tax evasion and spent about 21 months in prison.

Although Helmsley died in 2007, her attitude about “little people” lives on today.

It can be seen by looking at the travel predilections of four of the richest people on Earth, two of whom are giving hundreds of millions of dollars to groups like the Sierra Club, Rocky Mountain Institute, Climate Imperative, and others that are pushing for bans on gas stoves, as well as policies that will impose regressive energy taxes on the poor and middle class.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/jet-setting-michael-bloomberg-spending-millions-to-ban-your-gas-stove/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Jet-Setting Michael Bloomberg Spending Millions To Ban Your Gas Stove
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2023, 10:55:12 am »
At first glance, it seems a whole lot hypocritical. :thud:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson