Author Topic: Modern Diplomacy: We Should Focus on Climate Action Rather than Interplanetary Colonialism  (Read 140 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Modern Diplomacy: We Should Focus on Climate Action Rather than Interplanetary Colonialism
1 day ago Eric Worrall 52 Comments
Essay by Eric Worrall

NASA might have to put their plans to invade Mars on hold, if we heed the green concerns of one of Europe’s foremost woke think tanks.

Published 15 hours ago
on March 12, 2023
By Muhammad Hamdan

The idea of colonizing another habitable planet has been a topic of discussion for decades. Many people find the idea of finding a new world to call home as exciting and hopeful. However, while the search for another habitable planet is an important scientific pursuit, it is also important to consider the benefits of focusing on our own planet rather than spending billions of dollars in the hopes of finding and colonizing another world.

Climate change is one of the most pressing issues that our planet faces today. The world is already experiencing the impacts of climate change, including rising sea levels, more frequent and severe weather events, and the loss of biodiversity. Rather than investing billions of dollars in searching for another habitable planet, it is important to invest in solutions that can help mitigate the impacts of climate change and protect the health and wellbeing of our planet and its inhabitants.

Another reason why it is important to focus on our own planet is the need to prioritize resources. The search for another habitable planet requires significant investments in research and development, as well as the deployment of expensive space missions. By focusing on our own planet, we can invest resources in addressing urgent problems such as poverty, disease, and environmental degradation.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2023/03/12/modern-diplomacy-we-should-focus-on-climate-action-rather-than-interplanetary-colonialism/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson